Sweets

Happy New Year....

The cheers surrounding you muffled in your ears. All you could see was his smile as he pointed at the first firework that brightened up the entire sky. You tried sniffling past your tears. There was no point in them. Did you cry because you were alone? Because he was here? Or because he's here with someone else? You didn't know and didn't want to know.

He pulled his phone out and typed something up before putting it away and giving his attention to the show again. You got up and began walking away, not once giving yourself a chance to enjoy the fireworks. Each loud burst of color made you want to leave. You pulled your beanie to cover your crying face as you made your way out and back to the trolley.

You were the only one in there, just you and the conductor who was old and seemed kind, "don't be sad in a night as beautiful as this," he said to you who kept letting tears hit the metal floor. You sniffled in response and shrugged. Not another word was exchanged after that. You stepped out of the tram after its arrival, "have a good day," the conductor said, but there was no way you would.

"Departing so soon? You know there's a fireworks show currently? It's free," He woman at the front desk said. You nodded and said, "yeah well, I can't stay." You returned the key and walked out to the train station that wasn't far from here. The fireworks slowly came to an end as you sat at the stations empty benches. The last train of tonight would arrive in five minutes. You wanted to text him, but your last day of service was the day you asked him if he wanted to come with you.

You hopped on the empty train and fell asleep to your music playing lowly through your earphones.

***

Monday
"(Y/n)?...(y/n).." you woke up from falling asleep on the couch. Jimin was outside your door and you didn't want to open up, "what," you responded from inside. "I sent you messages and you didn't reply," he said from the crack of the door. You rolled your eyes. Of course..

"My phone is out of service," you said calmly. "Can you open the door?" He asked as he wiggled the handle. You sat up and went to open up. He stepped in uninvited but not knowing you were upset. "I texted you right at midnight on New Year's Day but I guess you didn't see it. Didn't you go to the resort you were talking about? How was it?" You closed your eyes with an annoyed sign and said, "good."

He noticed your off tone and wondered if something was wrong, "is something the matter?"

"No."

"Are you sur-"

"What do you want Jimin? You woke me from a nap."

"I was just wondering if you wanted to go check out some apartments I found. I just got home that's why I didn't ask you earlier," you could feel the way he was looking at you worriedly. You laid down on the couch and closed your eyes with no interest. "Not today," you responded coldly. You hoped for him to argue with you but he shrugged and sighed, "well okay. Let me know when you're free so we can go okay?" he said with a kind smile. You hated that.

Your eyes opened to give him an annoyed stare which he caught immediately, "okay what did I do?" he asked as he sat down at your coffee table just a foot away from you. You looked away in silence, "aren't we friends?" you asked and he furrowed his eyebrows, "of course!"

"I wanted to go with you to the resort. I know you went. I saw you there," you said as you looked over at him. His worried expression became surprised, "really?! That's so cool why didn't you tell me? We could've still hung out oh man that would've been awesome to bump into each other." You let out a sigh of disbelief. That was not the reaction you were waiting for.