Wind

"I needed some ingredients to bake," you said as you both started walking at a very calm pace. He hummed understanding you and said, "do you get really into Christmas? I'm trying to decorate my apartment, but I'm trying to make it look different since it looks almost the same every year." He sounded slightly bummed but more like he was asking for your help. He slid his warm hands in his coats pocket and snuggled into his scarf as he kicked solid snow out of his way. "Maybe you can get decorations at the store next to the grocery store," you suggested. His eyes looked around wondering if that'd work, "oh yeah!"

You two arrived to the store and went to the baking isle. As you pushed the cart slowly and wondered what you should get, Jimin stayed close to you and just looked around and things he didn't need just to wait for you. "Didn't you need things to get?" You asked out of curiosity. You didn't want him to feel like he needed to wait for you.

He looked at you as he held on to a sprinkle container, "oh no I don't need anything," he shrugged. You stared at him for a few seconds wondering how random he was. "O-h?" You said as you nodded. He smiled and went back to looking around as if what he said didn't just confuse you. "Do you like brownies or cookies better? Or a cupcake or pie?" He asked. You shrugged as you compared to items, "uhh they're all good," you said, not paying much attention to his question. He noticed and laughed to himself as he shook his head, "really? But I mean for Christmas. Which is most Christmas-y to you?" You decided on one item, placed it in the cart and said, "they're all Christmas-y if you can make them have that feeling. Especially with a hot chocolate and marshmallows," you said normally as you slowly pushed the cart and looked for the powdered sugar. He let a bright smile secretly appear on his face as you faced the other way. He nodded at your response and began collecting ideas.

You gathered all of your items and went to pay. As you paid, Jimin collected the bags and waited for you. You two looked like a couple without a doubt. And a very very lovely one at that. "Ah thank you," you said as he started walking out with the bags. You two went to the decoration store. Jimins expression seemed like he was trying hard not to smile big. There were so many different decorations, many in which you wanted to buy, but there really was no purpose.

You pushed a cart around behind Jimin as he added more and more items he wanted. He even took some crafty items to make. "You aren't getting anything?" He asked and you simply shook your head 'no' with a soft saddened smile. He nodded okay, but his intentions were kinder than you expected. He gathered so many decorations that would be used in a mansion rather than a small apartment but you didn't judge. You loved how he loved Christmas as much as you did.

***

You stepped out of the elevator with what felt like a hundred bags of items. "Thanks for coming with me," you said with a gentle smile. "You're welcome! I'll see you soon," he said as he placed your bags down by you. You waved goodbye with a small smile as he entered his apartment.

After setting your bags down inside, you began setting aside the items you were gonna use and the rest where they belonged until you noticed two extra bags that weren't from the grocery store. They were filled with Christmas decorations. The cutest thing was that it was all the same theme. Every item matched with each other. You had noticed earlier that he grabbed items with one theme and then another basket of another theme, both Christmas of course, but different vibes. Still maybe they were for his room and the other for the rest of his apartment. You heard a knock on your door. "There he is," you thought and you grabbed the bags to give back to him.

You opened the door, "your bags," you said. There was still a strange feeling between you but only from you to him because he was already acting like you two were best friends...well, there was still a feeling you got from him that made you feel like he wasn't comfortable yet either. You on the other hand, you didn't feel exactly the friend vibe yet, but you were still being kind. "Actually I forgot to give you this," he said as he handed you a snow globe, "I guess it came in my bag but it was part of everything I got you," he said. You stood there with both bags in each hand, suddenly surprised. "Really? Aren't these yours?" You asked embarrassed. He shook his head and motioned 'for you.'

You smiled in disbelief and set the bags down before grabbing the snow globe. "Don't be sad anymore.." he said before smiling at you and going back to his room. Your smiled had become a quiet thought, without a smile or frown. Just realization that he knew you weren't okay. You looked down at the snow globe on your hands. It was the best gift you had received in a long time.

"Thank you Jimin," you thought as you set it down and began thinking of how to start decorating your apartment. You just needed a little push of excitement to get you going and he did exactly that. Forget the baking for now, you were walking up and down your apartment, decorating here and there to give you that feeling you were missing. You heard your neighbor sing in a very lovely tone to Christmas music you didn't know, but he made them sound much more enjoyable.

***

After a few hours of fixing things around and decorating, you took a long bath and went to bed around one in the morning. You didn't hear your neighbor, but some quiet was relaxing. Today had been a good day. Hopefully tomorrow didn't bring you down.

*2 am*
Your heart shot into quick heavy heartbeats when you heard loud knocks on your front door. You sat up and hoped it wasn't something terrible going on. You ran to the door, tripping and almost falling in the dark but made it quickly. You grabbed the door handle and swung it open, to find a very pink cheeked Jimin panting at your door with a shoe box. "What are you doing here?!" You asked, still with worry.

"Take this box," He said in a very urgent tone. "What's in it?" You asked, still half asleep and attempting to understand what was going on.

"Just take the box," he said, sounding very impatient. You let out the first thought in mind as you slowly raised your eyebrows, "Jimin are you a drug dealer?!"

Jimin made the most disoriented expression and said, "what's wrong with you? No! Just hurry and take it!" He placed it on your hands and the box rattled with unsteady movement. You shoved it back to him and said, "what the hell is in there Jimin!!!"

He shoved it back to you and said, "just- make sure the lid doesn't open-" but you slightly opened it before he finished warning you.

"Just tell me-"you said as you were opening it but you quickly regretted it and closed the lid shut.

"YOU BROUGHT A FREAKING- WHY DO YOU HAVE A BABY OWL?!" You asked loudly. As little as Jimin knew you, it was crazy how he was spot on to imagine you'd react like this. "I need to go pick my friend Taehyung up quick just please take care of it while I come back."

"Why did you bring an owl you know we can't have pets here!" You screamed in a whisper. Jimin face palmed and said, "you can scream as loud as you want it's not like we'll get kicked out," he said ironically. You ignored his patient and annoyed tone and said, "what do you want me do to with it?" You asked urgently. "Just take care of it I'll be back. Thank you bye!" He said as he pat your head in appreciation. He let out a shakey sigh in preparation to go out to the cold again as he threw his scarf around and walked away with quick steps.

"Be careful," you quickly let out, almost regretting how girlfriend like you were acting, but instead of ignoring you or giving you a cold response, he looked back and smiled at you, "thank you! I will."