Chapter 17

I hear a faint knock on my window. I turn around and see Anthony's figure in the evening sky, smiling. I gasp and run over, opening the window as he climbs in the rest of the way.

"Anthony," I said, taking in him an embrace, "What are you doing here?"

"We're doing a show tonight," he said, hugging my small figure and kissing my head, "I want you there."

I sigh. "I can't. You know my parents had a talk with me today? They think we're spending too much time together."

"What? That's ridiculous. How do they even know?"

"No idea, but it sucks because...I really wanna be with you." I smile.

He bends down and kisses my lips. "I wanna be with you. That's why i want you to come with me tonight, my love."

I look at the time. "I don't know, it's 7pm. I'm supposed to be doing my work."

"We'll be back in an hour, it's a short show. I just want the moral support of my girlfriend there with me." He kisses my hand.

Girlfriend? It's weird that we never actually discussed our status, after all this time. I'll admit it did make my heart flutter joyously though. I suppose after you let somebody fondle you, of course you usually end up with them; I wouldn't have just let him walk away after that, and I'm glad he didn't either.

"Come on, cutie," he said.

"Why do you always call me that?"

"Because you're adorable," he touches my nose, "and beautiful," he kisses my lips, "and," he breathes, "you give me that funny feeling in my tummy."

I giggle. "Alright, alright," I glance at the clock again, "but only if you promise to get me back on time."

"I promise a thousand pearls," he said, giving a smile that reveal his adorable two front crooked teeth.

"Take me to your backwoods now
Take me to your backwoods now
Take me to your backwoods now, yeah!" Anthony sings from the stage.

The crowd cheers as I watch from backstage like a proud girlfriend -that feels exciting to say, like an ownership of a title that I am proud to wear; girlfriend. I feel like telling the whole world, "Look what I got, look what I got," whenever I hold Anthony. He's like my prize possession.

He looks so good up there. I smirk as he finishes up and walks backstage. I kiss him and run my hands up and down his sweat skinned body; he's not wearing a shirt, of course. All of this sex he's signing about and reminding me of, moving around out there with all this appeal, is making me thirsty.

"That skirt looks good on you," I tease.

"I know. Stripes, my favorite," he teases back.

We laugh and peck each other's lips.

"Let's take a break from all this," he says, after gulping down some water.

He pulls me outside, the moon shining down on us. I roll up my 'mom' jeans - the warm arena has gotten my legs sweating.

"So, how'd you find the show?" he asked.

"I loved it. You and the guys were awesome."

"Thanks. Oh I almost forgot, and I understand this is short notice, but we're going on tour in two weeks.

"What?" I say, half happy for him, half sad that he's leaving. "Aw, man."

"Hey, hey," he lifts my chin up, "It'll be alright. I'll come back to visit."