Chapter 29

We got off west of Pennsylvania. I took a walk around the city for a while, just to get out of the bus. I'm in need for a break away from the guys. To be quite honest I'm kind of tired of looking at their faces. Not Anthony's, of course. I just wanted some time to walk alone and clear my head.

As I'm walking, there's hardly anyone here except for a man wearing a big green trench coat and jeans, walking in the opposite direction as me. He looks dirty. I felt somewhat nervous as he was approaching closer.

I didn't have time to think before he said, "You want?" holding out a clear bag with white powder in it, his hand shaky.

I'm about to politely decline when then he desperately states, "Twenty. Please, I'm so broke, I'm trying to make money...I'll starve."

"Um," I said, feeling panicked, touching around in my short pockets. I pull out ten dollars I had no idea was even in there. "Will this do?"

"Good enough, thank you," he said, throwing the bag to me and taking the money.

I felt bad, he looked young. Probably not that much older than me. Although, I give myself a mental slap in the head for purchasing drugs from somebody I don't know. I feel like such an idiot, but it took me by surprise.

I walked off a little further out than i need to, and decided to head back. I rolled the bag into my pocket and made my way up the grassy hill, and down the road I've walked quite a bit from, from where the trailer was parked. Then it really hit me - i fucking bought drugs.

Later at night when everyone's asleep, I stay up like I normally would. I'm always the one who gets the least amount of sleep; maybe thinking too much. Anthony caught me writing one time. He wanted to read it, but I told him I was too embarrassed to ever show him. I don't think I'm that good anyway. He laughed and shook his head, and told me to stop doubting myself.

I love staying up and writing, because no one can ask to see it. This piece, I'm just about finishing off. It's about the man who makes my heart skip a beat; my love.

My love

I couldn't ask for more

My whole life it is you

I've been looking for

Those gorgeous eyes

That perfect smile

That long hair

It is you I shower with love and care

There are so many emotions

Not even words that I can convey

But simply put

God

Please never take Anthony away

My eyes begin drooping, and I can't keep them open. I can't move my arms or legs, so I just begin drifting off right where I am, head resting against the wall.