Chapter 40

"Why did we have to take a cab?" I asked, shifting uncomfortably in the back seat next to Anthony, "couldn't we have just gotten dropped off by your bus driver there?"

"Baby we don't know how close they are," he said. "And besides, I needed to borrow it sometime anyway."

Anthony's going to somehow get his ex-girlfriend to lend him her car, like she always used to when they were together, even after sometimes. We're currently in Ohio, which is where she resides, conveniently enough.

At the same time I'm rolling with it, I feel partly guilty for speaking to my mother that way over the phone; she didn't sound angry, she didn't scream at me, and she didn't say that she was going to hit me. Rather, she was actually hurt. Do you have any idea how much this upsets me?

The car eventually pulls over to a small cottage-like house, after what felt like forever.

He gets out of the car. I follow behind him, and he pays the cab driver. As the car drives away, he said, "Stay here."

I fold my arms, huddling myself out of habit, even though it's not that cold. The sticky summer heat usually leaves somewhat of a humidity lingering in the air, even at night when it's supposed to cool.

He knocks on the door and I feel my stomach churn; the last thing I want is drama so I hide behind a tree.

I hear negotiating, then a couple of voice raisings, and finally, she hands the car over. I manage to look over at her, hearing the keys toss. She has long brown hair, petite frame, sort of looks like me. She slams the door in his face and Anthony rolls his eyes, looking around.

"Wren?" he says.

I decide to scare him, jumping out behind the tree as he gasps, followed by clutching his chest.

"Gotchu," I teased.

"Not funny," he said, chuckling.

"I think it was pretty funny." I poked his stomach.

He bends down and kisses me.

"This is why I love you," he said.

I smile. "I know."

"Well, we better leave," he said, unlocking the car door.

It's a small, '88 black Chevrolet Camaro. I hop inside the passenger side, never having any doubts that she wouldn't let him use it before this, scaring myself as I thought about what would happen if she didn't.

"What's the plan?" I asked.

"There is none," he said. "But right now? We run." He steps on the gas petal, causing the noisy Camaro to fly off wherever the wind took it.

We slowed down near a beautiful lake near the park. I unbuckle my seatbelt and stretch. I step out of the car, gladly being presented with fresh air. I look at the water and sigh, sitting on a bench.

Anthony flicks some hair behind my shoulder. He sits down next to me putting his arm around my shoulder and says, "We'll be alright, I promise. We're hours, away now. They have almost zero chance finding us here."

I inhale the fresh air, feeling the cool breeze and slowly release the breath, as if trying to empty the anxiety within me. I pray that God let me stay with Anthony, although right now it feels as though He doesn't want him anywhere near me anymore, since my parents don't, and I was always taught that God is my Father.

I toy with the bracelet Anthony got me. I bite my lip and look down.

"What if this is our last time seeing each other, Anthony?" I said devastatingly as I look over to him. "What if this is our last moment together?"

"No babe, don't think like that," he said, kissing my head and holding me closer.

"And why not?"

"Because it won't happen."

"H-how do you know?" I stare at him.

He kisses me, brushing my skin. "Then make love to me."

"Wha-what?"

"You heard me. Get back in the car, let's do it; one last time, you and me girl, if this is it."

I shed a tear with the disappointment, but also accept his offer.

I nod my head, and he takes me back to the car. He shuts the door, rubbing my thighs. We remove each other's clothes, tangle our fingers in each other's hair, entranced by each other, needing each other.

Once we're fully unclothed, I sit on his lap, kissing his neck, face, rubbing his chest, staring straight at him as he holds me up to insert himself inside of my body.

I begin riding him, slowly not to hit my head on top of the car roof, kind of motioning and directing my thrusts back and fourth, but still in and out. He sucks on my neck, leaving his mark.

He wraps his arms around me, pushing himself into me and fastening the pace as I stare into his eyes, my hand on his shoulder. I moan and beg for more. He abides by slamming myself onto him harder, and I scream again once I feel myself climax, letting him know I'm doing it; he's gotten me there.

I throw my head back and scratch his abs. He fastens his pace, lifting my body off of him quickly then rubbing his dick himself as he groans, once white liquid shoots out of him; I decide to be a good girl and bend down to catch it in my mouth.

I get up, tears filling the brim of my eyeballs again, and I sob softly. We hold each other as the moon crosses the sky, illuminating into the windows, as I know that I will never be able to experience this with him again.