02| Zane

edited

_______

"Who are you!?" I yelled and he smirked.

"Who are you?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I live here. This is my room!" I exclaimed.

"And I live here and this is my bathroom" He said and I groaned.

"No, no, no. This can't be happening" I said but his smirk only grew wider.

"And that's my room over there" He said pointing to the door behind him and I screamed. I ran out of my room and then realized I was lost. I screamed even harder and then saw Oliver, Ezra and Ellie stop in front of me.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" Ellie asked and I shook my head.

"Why is there a boy in the bathroom that is in my room and why is he saying he lives here!?" I asked and Ezra chuckled.

"I see you met Zane" He said and Oliver smiled.

"Sweetheart, the best room for you was that one, because you would get lost if we gave you another room. This house is basically divided in two. We live in this part and Zane's family lives on the other part. Your room is connected to Zane's by the bathroom" He explained and my eyes widened.

"Wait, you mean this house is like two houses together and that there's another family here?" I asked and Ellie nodded.

"We are great friends so when we wanted to build a house, we decided to make it huge so we could live together" She explained and I slapped my cheek.

"Am I dreaming?" I asked and Ezra shook his head.

"Zane's family is small though. Just his parents and his nasty ass" He said and I shook my head.

"I need time to process this" I said and walked back to my room.

I'm living with another boy. A hot piece of meat may I say. Why didn't Maria tell me this? Maybe she didn't know. My life is totally messed up.

Someone knocked on the bathroom door, it was pretty obvious who it was.

"Go away!" I yelled but it came muffled because I was hiding my face in the pillow. I heard the door open and I groaned.

"If we are going to share a bathroom, we at least need to know each other" He said and I could hear the smirk on his voice.

That stupid smirk. I wish I could slap it out of his face.

"How about we just pretend we don't exist to each other?" I asked and he chuckled.

"No can do, doll face" He said and I got up of my bed.

"First day here and it already sucks" I mumbled and he chuckled.

"Come on, what's your name?" He asked and I fake smiled.

"Jessica" I lied and he smirked.

"You don't look like a Jessica" He said and I rolled my eyes.

So he can determine a girl's name just by her looks.

"Fine, Brynn" I said and he nodded.

"I'm Zane" He said holding out his hand but I pushed it away.

"The less, the better. Don't touch me" I said and he rolled his eyes.

"You'll be begging for me to touch you one day" He said, then winked and walked back to his room.

I really need to start locking that door.

-

I found my way to the dinning room and sat beside Ezra. He looked at me and I grinned.

"Go away! You're too hot!" He whisper yelled and I chuckled.

"Shut up! I'm hungry" I said and he rolled his eyes.

A few seconds later Zane walked inside in all his glory. He was wearing a pair of ripped jeans and a mustard yellow t shirt. How can someone look so good wearing mustard yellow?

"Like what you see?" He asked smirking and I cleared my throat.

"I do. It's sexy" I answered and my eyes widened. Always my big mouth.

Ellie and another woman saved my life when they walked inside the dinning room holding the food. Jesus Christ! It smells delicious!

"Brynn, meet Angela, Zane's mom" Ellie said and I smiled.

"Hi" I said softly and Angela grinned.

"Finally another girl in the house!" She exclaimed and hugged me tight. I hugged her back and saw Zane smirking across me.

"James! Come and meet this sweet girl!" Angela yelled and a tall man that looked exactly like Zane, just a bit older, and without the tattoos, walked inside the room.

"I'm James Lancaster, but call me James" he said and I nodded.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Brynn" I said and he smiled.

"Nice to meet you too"

Everyone sat on their respective seats and started eating. I'm not one to eat a lot so I just served some of the delicious pasta and garlic bread because pasta without garlic bread is boring.

"Aren't you gonna eat more?" Zane asked and I shook my head. Mind your own business grasshole!

"Brynn, I would like you to know that we're here for anything you need. Yes, Oliver and I adopted you, but if you ever need anything and we are not there at the moment, you can talk to James or Angela. We're happy to have you here" Ellie said and I smiled.

This conversation just turned too deep.

"Thanks. It means a lot" I said softly and took a bite of my bread.

We all ate in silence and when I finished, I went back to my room. I'm glad Maria finally found a good family, but I don't seem to fit in. They are rich and have all these weird manners when talking and eating that I just don't have. If I could, I would eat everything with just a fork, yet they do everything so perfect in the table it almost scares me.

I'm starting school tomorrow, and I'll be the new girl. Everyone is going to stare at me, not that I care because I've dealt with that before, but I don't want the snakes near me.

For now I just have one goal, annoy the hell out of Zane. That's if he doesn't annoy mine first.

______

The chapter says edited, but I'm sleepy as hell so there might be some typos I missed. Please point them out so I can fix them, thanks. Hope you liked this update. Please, vote and comment. Love you!

nashra