18| Secrets

edited

*I basically re wrote this whole chapter and changed pretty much everything because some things just didn't make any sense*

__________

"Stop looking through my stuff" I said and he chuckled.

"You said you weren't hiding anything, so let's prove it, right?" He said and I sucked in a deep breath.

"You're invading my privacy" I said and he opened another drawer.

"That's my underwear! Stop looking through it!" I yelled and he smirked.

"This is the best drawer of them all" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Stop being so perverted" I muttered.

He walked towards the closet and my eyes widened. I ran inside the closet and saw him opening some little drawers that were there.

"Please, stop looking through my stuff" I said and he opened the drawer. My eyes widened and he frowned.

"What is this?" He asked taking out the papers I had in there.

"Leave that in there!" I yelled, but he ignored me.

"Brynn, what is this?" He asked softly and I stared at the floor.

"Stop" I said and he grabbed my hand.

"Who is Lucas?" He asked and I looked up, my eyes filled with tears.

"Stop asking please. Leave me alone" I said softly and he cupped my face with his hands.

"Brynn, who is he?" He asked.

"My dad" I answered.

-

I wiped my tears away and took a sip of my hot chocolate. I promised myself to never read those papers again, to never dig into it anymore.

"Hey" Zane said softly walking inside my room and I half smiled.

"Hey" I said and he sat beside me.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I don't know" I mumbled.

"Where is he?" He asked and I gulped.

"He's gone" I answered and he sighed.

"If you don't mind me asking, how did he...?" He asked and I nodded.

"My dad loved my mom, but I could see through her, and I knew she didn't love him. I don't even know how he married her, considering she was and still is a bitch. My dad was an angel. He was my best friend. He was the only one that understood me. He listened to me. My mom hated that. She hated that he was so close to me. She hated that he paid no attention to her, but how can you blame him? She was never there.

"She was cheating on my dad, and I knew it. I knew about her leaving at 2 in the morning to meet up with her man. I couldn't tell my dad. I didn't know how to. The day of my fourteen birthday, I told him. She left and didn't come back to even sing happy birthday to me. She was with him, and I couldn't take it anymore, so I told him. My dad had every right to know what my mother was doing to him. She arrived the moment after I told him. They fought and my dad left the house. He just grabbed his car keys and left. An hour later, we received the call. He was hit by a drunk driver. They took my dad to the hospital, but it was too late. He died before I could even get there"

"He died and I didn't even get to say goodbye" I said, my voice cracking in the end and Zane hugged me. "I lost my other half. The last thing he said to me was "happy birthday, I love you". I miss him like crazy" I said and he hugged me tighter.

"I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have grabbed those papers. It was none of my business"

"It's okay. It feels good to let it out" I said, softly.

And it did. It really felt good to just let it out. To let it all rest.

___________

Hey! Hope you liked this update. Please vote and comment, and please also point out any typos I left. Love you all!

nashra