16| Caring

edited

___________

I ran inside the bathroom and slipped my pants down, then sat in the toilet. Thank you, mother nature, for letting me know I'm not pregnant. I groaned out of pain and tightened my fists. Why? Jesus, why!?

"Can you lower your tone? I don't need to know when you're giving yourself some pleasure" A tired Zane said and I cried out in pain.

"Leave me alone!" I cried and he rubbed his eyes.

"What the hell happened?" He asked and I groaned.

"Mother nature happened" I answered softly and his eyes widened.

"Oh shit. What time is it?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Like four in the morning" I said and he nodded. He walked towards the sink and then splashed some water on his face.

"What do you need? Pads? Tampons? Chocolate? Chill pills?" He asked and I glared at him in the end.

"Tampons suck" I said softly and he nodded.

"Pads it is. You're not going to school today. Go back to bed, I'll be right back" He said and then walked out of the bathroom.

Great! He saw me sitting in the toilet crying because of period pain. Just great.

-

I curled up into a ball and waited for Zane to come back. It felt like someone was ripping my uterus off. I wanted to scream and cry, but for now, I could only cry. So that's what I'm doing, crying because period pain is a bitch.

The door slowly opened and Zane walked inside my room, holding two bags full of stuff.

"Hey" he said softly. "I brought you overnight pads and regular pads because I didn't know which one to buy. I also got you some pain killers and different chocolates because I didn't know which one you wanted. And I also got you ice cream, chocolate and cookies and cream" He said and I smiled.

"Thanks, a lot" I said and he nodded placing the bags on top of one of the drawers.

"Anything you need, call me" He said and I nodded.

A few seconds later, he left and not long after, after eating the chocolate ice cream, I fell asleep again.

I woke up by the sound of someone humming. I blinked a few times to adjust my vision and saw Zane sitting beside me, stroking my hair. Well, this is new. I stirred up and he chuckled.

"You look like a kitten when you stir up" He said and I shrugged.

"I want a cat" I said and he raised an eyebrow.

"Why not a dog?" He asked.

"I want them both" I said and he nodded.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked and I mumbled a 'yes'.

"Can you help me get up so I can go brush my teeth?" I asked and he smiled.

"Come on" He said grabbing my hand and pulling me up.

"I'm tired" I said walking towards the bathroom.

"When are you not?" He asked and I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

I'm still mad at him for telling Avalon about my past. I don't know for sure if it was him, but it had to be. Only Ezra and him knew, and then suddenly Avalon knew too. Ezra is honest and loyal, he would never do that to me. Zane has an on and off relationship with Avalon, so maybe he told her. It's not like my life is full of dark secrets, but I like to keep what's private, private.

I walked out of the bathroom and saw Zane sitting in the edge of my bed staring at a picture of me with my mother.

"You really look a lot like your mom" He said and I nodded.

"Everyone said that" I said and he half smiled.

"Do you have any siblings?" He asked and I shook my head.

"I've always wanted a sister, but my parents never wanted to have more kids" I said and he nodded.

"But you have Ezra now" He said and I smiled.

"He's something" I said and Zane chuckled.

"He really is" He said.

"Leave! I need to change clothes" I said and he smirked.

"Aw, but I want a sexy show" He said and I rolled my eyes.

He doesn't even respect me being on my period. Asshole

"Perverted Zane is back, bye" I said and I could hear his laugh as he walked out of my room.

Mother nature, I don't like you at all.

___________

Hey! Hope you liked this update. If there are some typos left, point them out so I can fix them. Please vote and comment. Love you all!

nashra