Chapter 15

"Damn," Bambi rolled beside me as she sat up, holding her head. I struggled to open my eyes as I sat up too.

"My head hurts terribly," I said, trying​ to shake my head.

"How did we get here?" Bambi asked and I looked around. We were in my room.

"How did we get here?" I echoed.

"Jeez," Bambi closed her eyes, still holding her head.

"We need an Advil," I said as we got off the bed and​ walked to the kitchen.

I grabbed two glasses and filled them up with cold water. I passed one to Bambi and together, we threw the pills into our mouths. I wiped the water off my mouth and Bambi sighed.

"What's on your mind?" I asked her.

"I almost kissed Jesse yesterday." She said, closing her eyes.

"What?" My eyes widened.

"Yes. It happened so fast. I mean, I was too drunk, I was staggering like an idiot and then, Jesse came to me. I honestly thought he wanted to kiss me, but instead, he just wrapped his arms around me and led me to the couch. We stayed there for some time and I wondered what was taking him so long and I decided to go for it. . . but he stopped me."

"He stopped you?" I looked at her, surprised.

"Yes, how embarrassing! He pushed me away." She put her hands up in the air.

"No, Bambi! That's not it."

"Not what?"

"He didn't want to kiss you because he didn't want to take advantage of your drunken state. Think of it that way." I smiled.

Just then, Bambi's phone rang and​she took it. "Hey Ry. . . Yeah, fine. . . We're okay. It was you!" She let out a chuckle, "Thank you, Ry, but how did you do it?  Yeah, right. Bye." As soon as she hung up, she looked at me as she said, "Ryan brought us here."

"How could he have carried us?" I asked.

"That's what I asked him. He says he got superpowers."

I rolled my eyes, chuckling a little.

"So, tell me, what happened to you when we decided​ to go our separate ways?" Bambi looked at me.

"We didn't decide to go separate ways, I asked you to wait for me while I went to grab a donut and by the time I got back, you were no longer there."

Bambi rolled her eyes, "What happened, Kenzi?"

I huffed as I said, "I got myself in trouble."

*

Monday

I rushed to the kitchen to have breakfast. This was probably going to be the first time Bambi would meet me dressed.

I checked the dining table. No cereal. I checked the refrigerator. No milk. I had a lot of toasts and had taken them​ all last week Friday. In short, I had no breakfast. Damn. I put it at the back of my mind to get to the store after school and get some milk and cereal with the money Bambi had given me. I also decided to visit Mom. Just then, I heard Bambi's car pull up and I ran out the door.

"Is something going on today?" Bambi asked me.

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't have to even horn before you came out," she said.

I chuckled, "This is probably the only time it's gonna happen. I was up all night dreading today, so I got up early."

*