Chapter 57 ••Part 2••

December 4!!! It's my friend zouraina 's birthday!

*

"I'm telling you for the five hundredth time, MZ, you look beautiful. This gown looks amazing on you and I trust Bambi's gonna find the perfect shoes for you to wear," Mom told me the evening of the next day.

I swallowed, nodding as I turned to look at Bambi, who bent over my shoe rack, looking seriously for good shoes to go with what I wearing. I'd called her this morning to tell her I needed her help in choosing what to wear and she had been here since afternoon, basically eating and chatting excitedly with me about my date.

When it was an hour to 7pm, she pulled me to my room, pushing me to the bathroom while she looked for the perfect dress for me to wear. Now, I stood in one of the shortest gowns I owned. It was a sleeveless wine gown which wasn't anywhere so near my knees. I looked down to my neck at the silver necklace mom had given me. It was beautiful, and apparently, dad had given it to her.

"Mom, I told Tanner to bring Renée over, I hope that's okay," I told her.

"Yeah, it's no problem. Her company would be great," mom smiled.

"Speaking of company," Bambi said, walking to where mom and I stood, "I'm sorry mom, I'll have loved to stay with you, but mom says she wants me back latest 7:30."

"That's okay. I totally understand," mom said, kissing her head.

She smiled then looked at me, "Kenzi, these boots are killer with that gown. You should wear it."

I looked down at the black boots in her hand.

"Where'd you get that shoe from?" Mom asked, her head tilted to one side as she raised an eyebrow.

"Spain. I used one of the few days dad let me go out to get that," I looked at mom who nodded.

It was a boot with heels, black and beautiful for a suede material. This would be the third time wearing it. I'd worn them twice in Spain. One time when dad and I went out to eat for dinner and the other time when I went with dad for an exhibition.

"It's beautiful! You're gonna wear these," Bambi squealed and I shook my head, chuckling.

"Hey, can I do MZ's make up? I still remember a few things," mom smiled, leading me to my mirror and making me site in front of it.

"Yes! I'll take the video of the whole thing!" Bambi ran to her bag to get her phone.

"Really, Bambi? That's-" I started to say.

"Yes, MZ, let her! For memories," mom said and I looked at her. Even if she smiled, it didn't reach her eyes. She didn't mean that, did she? Memories? Was she talking about if she dies?

I sighed, "Fine." I didn't want to say anything about what she'd just said because it seemed like she was having a good time trying to do my make up.

*

By the time I looked into the mirror as soon as mom was done, I smiled. The make up was nothing like Bambi's of course, but I looked beautiful. Mom had successfully done a nude make up on me.

"Mom," I flung my arms around her, "I look beautiful!"

"You are beautiful," she whispered into my hair.

"Hey, I want a hug too!" Bambi dropped her phone on my bed and walked briskly to us and we stayed that way for a minute.

Just then, the doorbell rang and we all jumped together, "He's here!" We said together, Bambi being the happiest one.