Chapter 40

You just might want to read this chapter 😉.
And to be honest, I really love you guys.💖💓

Also, ask me ANYTHING!

*

"Kora, I wouldn't be able to make it to work today." I spoke into the mouthpiece.

"Why? Anything wrong?" She asked, concern evident in her voice.

"I- I just came down with something."

"Are you sure? You sound perfectly fine to me"

Damn, Mackenzie! You could have faked a sick voice

"Tell me Mackenzie, what's really happening?"

I sighed. "It's just that there's a party and-"

"You really want to go?"

"Well, Tanner asked and Bambi-"

"Tanner? Then, yes. You're going."

I chuckled a little. "Kora, it's just unfair that I'd leave you to-"

"No, Mackenzie. Look, I've been there. When I was in high school, I loved parties. Hell, I was a party​ monster, and I was always at them," she laughed. "You've been working all week. You need a break. You should go for that party. "

"Oh, Kora." My voice came out in a whisper. "Thank you."

"It's no problem at all," I could tell she was smiling. "Have fun, alright? But protect yourself and just be aware and conscious, okay?"

"Yes, Kora." She sounded so much like Mom. It felt as though I was talking to her.

"Tell me all about it when you come to work on Monday, and if you feel it can't wait, call me after the party."

I laughed. "I'll tell you how it went, Kora, trust me."

"Great. And of course, the only guy you should be with at the party should be Tanner."

I chuckled.

There. She sounded just like mom.

I spent the next few hours trying to get the perfect outfit for the party and after searching and practically throwing my wardrobe on my bed, I gave up, falling back on the bed, sighing and groaning in frustration.

Why couldn't I be like Bambi when it came to choosing outfits or shoes?
Right. I'll just wait for Bambi to come. But in the mean time, I was going to do a little studying to make up for all the time of studying I lost.

*

Tanner McCann.

That was the only thing I saw in my textbook. He wouldn't leave my head as my mind kept on wandering to the thought of the feel of his hands on my cheek. It had happened a few days ago and I still found myself thinking about it every day.

Falling for a guy like Tanner McCann was dangerous, if he didn't let girls close then definitely, he didn't think of girls as anything. I wondered how many girls had felt rejected by him. But why did it feel different when he told me it was okay to blush. He did realise I was blushing because of him, didn't he? Why did it feel different when he asked if I was coming for the party?

But then, a question. Why didn't he actually want girls close? There had to be a reason behind it, a story behind it. But what was his story?

He looked okay and satisfied to me. He had it all.

But his parents?

Where were his parents? Did he have parents? Was he the one playing father and mother to Renée?