Chapter 26

First question: What are your first names?

*

I leaned in the seat beside Bambi as I watched her touch her makeup and hair up.

"Bambi, c'mon." I groaned

"One minute."

"You said that one minute ago." I rolled my eyes.

"C'mon, Kenzi, you know how I do."

"Of course I do." I sighed, looking out the window. My eyes widened and I sat up immediately to move closer to the window, getting a better view.

It was Lenore and that guy. He was leaning on his car, arms wrapped around her waist as she planted occasional kisses on his neck and his lip, smiling.

"Bambi." I called, throwing a quick glance at her.

"One minute, Kenzi. "

"No, Bambi, I want you to see something." I looked back at Lenore and the guy. Now, she was out of his arms and she smiled at him, kissing his cheek, making to walk away from him.

"Bambi!" I called again, "Come on!"

"Be patient a little, Kenzi. I'll be done now."

I looked back at Lenore and saw her walking away.

"I'm done!" Bambi sang, smiling.

"Great." I leaned back into the seat, "Never mind."

"C'mon, tell me."

"It's just that." I sighed, "Never mind, you wouldn't believe me, anyway."

"I will. Just tell me."

"Right. I saw Lenore and that guy. Not Edward. Again." I threw my hands up in the air.

"You're right." She nodded

"You saw them too?", I asked, half-smiling.

"No. I don't believe you." Bambi said and my smile disappeared instantly.

I sighed, "I knew you wouldn't believe me."

"No, it's not that," she paused, "Actually, it is like that, but maybe it's because you're mad at Lenore?"

"No! Why would you even say that? After Edward came to apologize to me, I've practically forgotten I was ever mad at her."

"I'm sorry, okay?" She let out a breath, "But I really doubt it's Lenore you're seeing. She definitely has a look alike."

"Okay, then." I rolled my eyes, still very sure I saw Lenore, "You wasted my time, so can we kindly get in now?"

"Oh sure!" Bambi smiled.

*

"Hey!" Ryan greeted, smiling as he walked up to us.

"Hey Ryan!" Bambi and I replied, smiling as he got to us.

"Where's Brooke?" I asked him

"She ran off with her friends." He chuckled," I promise you'll meet her during lunch."

"Right." I nodded.

"Hey, Ryan. I'm so sorry." Bambi looked at him, " Kenzi told me everything. I'm sorry I also jumped into conclusions​. I never would have thought she was your sister."

"It's okay." He ruffled her hair as he pulled her into a hug.

"Usually, I wouldn't let you touch my hair like that, but for now, I'll let you." Bambi said, voice muffled as her head was dug in Ryan's chest.