(1) Village

Mizuki POV

I stared at the pond directly at a lily pad silently as I took in a deep breath.

Silence was a golden thing just as usual. It always seemed to spark my interest. The way breathing slowly could calm down my mind and body and the way I never really could catch myself thinking of my past when I was here. A past that was so sensitive to me and made me think and value everything I had. It was as if it was non-existent at these moments.

A few minutes passed of perfect silence, and I was about to actually pick the lily pad up when I felt a hand
on my back. The second I felt physical contact I looked behind me to see Haru.

Haru, a person who I could never really pinpoint and a person who if he really wanted to would probably take years to earn my complete trust.

He was one of my friends or at least possible friends if not a fake friend. I continued to stare at the river trying to ignore his existence but I still couldn't shake the fact that his hand on my back.

I bent down to pick the lily pad up and when he still kept his hand on my back I stared at it uncomfortably and silently and as soon as he realized he immediately removed it from my back.

"Oh...sorry...I forgot you don't like to be touched."

I glared at him before releasing my anger that was inside of me and clearing my mind.

I sighed,"It's fine. Please don't do it again. Why are you here?"

Haru smiled,"You're always here so early in the morning so..." he scratched the back of his neck sheepishly,"I came to just watch the pond with you."

I looked him straight in the eye,"You still like me..., don't you?"

His whole face turned red,"W-Well u-um n-no I..."

I slowly smiled,"Keep trying. You know I don't believe in such things."

He crossed his arms and pouted,"Mizuki, it's not nice to bash someone's feelings."

I began walking away from him my extremely long silver hair waving side to side as I did,"And it's not nice to know someone's lying about having feelings for you."

Haru crossed his arms,"I'm not lying, Mizuki."

I scoffed,"Tell that to the six other girls you see every day."

He stood still and stopped following me and I couldn't help but let a small chuckle out. He had been exposed. He thought I hadn't noticed.

Haru caught up to me,"I really do like you Mizuki."

I stopped my walking yet a second time to look at him,"It's not that I don't believe you...it's that your lying."

Yet again I left and this time Haru didn't follow me. He seemed to shocked and to be completely honest I'm sure anyone would be if they had someone said that directly to their face.

I passed a few trees, rocks, flowers and other things and went back on the main dirt road.

I sighed as I walked back to the village my perfect peace being destroyed in a moment. It wasn't that I found Haru annoying it was just that the way he treated some people was different from the way he treated others.

And fakeness disgusted me.

I walked all the way back to the east side of the village and decided to just go back to bed until the afternoon.

I walked in to my fairly small three room house and sat down on my bed before slamming my head into my pillow and closing my eyes and drifting off into a deep sleep.

Or atleast that was what I was supposed to do instead I heard someone knock on the door making me get out of bed to go to the door. It was Haru yet again."

"Hey Mizuki I..."

I slammed the door on him and locked it. Did he even realize that I wanted to be alone. I wanted to stand at the pond alone. I walked away from him so I could be alone.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
My first chapters are always kinda short.

Vote

Comment

Enjoy!

-Jewleya❤️