(22) Stay

Mizuki POV

"I'm not going to do the war."

My head looked to Obito at once as I watched him put his hood up.

"What?" I said as my voice was literally shaking.

" I said I'm not going to go to war," he repeated himself making me stiffen.

"But wasn't it your dream to achieve true peace? Then my words have something to do with it?"

He looked at me slowly scanning me up and down.

"It did have a bit to do with your words, but not too much. It had a lot to do with my feelings figuring out what my motives were and questioning why I did so much in the past."

"So... you came up with this answer by yourself?"

He nodded slowly which made me smile.

I was happy he had figured it out himself and on top of that, I was even happier that he sounded satisfied with how it turned out. I didn't want him to regret anything if there was no reason for it and I certainly didn't want to force anything on him. It seemed things just turned out like this because he wanted them to turn out like this. I had no part in it at all.

I smiled. Good.

"So, what are you going to do next?" I said looking at him.

"Well...," he said,"I have to take care of Zetsu first. I doubt he'll let me off the hook easily. I need to get rid of him. Perhaps even seal him away."

I tilted my head at him,"So you intend to act as if this never happened. What will you do about the tailed beasts then?"

"I'll return them," he said," however, how they manage to seal them back into jinchuriki's I will have no part in."

I nodded slowly before saying something that I was also worried about,"What of us? Will you still-"

I cut myself off. This wasn't the time to be worried about such things but to my surprise, Obito did end up answering me as if he already had read my mind," After all my work is done... After I clean up the mess I have made... I want to spend my life... the rest of it with you. Is that okay with you?"

I nodded slowly," Of course, there's nothing I want more."

He smiled slowly before getting up," In that case, I should get going. I want to finish this "business" in less than a week. You on the other hand," he said,"will just have to wait for me away from the hideout."

I smiled," Fine by me," I said.

---

So Obito did what he said he would do. He cleaned up the mess he had been making for years. He started with Zetsu and managed to seal away both black Zetsu and the original Zetsu. He then destroyed the 100,000 white Zetsus by pouring my 200,000 ice creatures on all the white Zetsus below. He then made me clench my fists so that they would all crumble away. I was with him when it happened. He had to personally defeat Kabuto and that was probably the hardest bottle of them all. He suffered many injuries but still managed to make it out alive without having Kabuto reanimate any Shinobi. Especially the real Madara, and killing Kabuto at the same time.

After all, that was done he released the tailed beasts back to the rightful Shinobi villages without being seen. The chaos ended up happening in some villages but in the end, all Villages remained stable.

As for me and Obito, we ended up running away to multiple non-shinobi villages trying to find a better way of life.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Twenty-Second Chapter | Obito POV ❤❤❤

Vote

Comment

Enjoy~