(21) Obito POV

Obito POV

She left me there and I felt my heart beat ever so slowly. Her words meant nothing to me. I knew what I wanted and knowing that she would support me, at all costs was comforting to me but still, I knew deep down I had been struck by something she had said. Out of all of them, the only one remaining in my mind was when she had told me I wasn't Madara. I knew it too well. Ever since I had started maturing I questioned my motives. I questioned why I had gone down this path in the first place. I questioned why I had attacked the leaf with the nine tailed fox. I questioned why I had killed the original Akatsuki. I questioned why I hadn't killed Kakashi back then. The answers were mysteries to me... I don't know why. I just want peace. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I got up slowly as I walked out of the cave and into the night. Looking up at the sky I questioned many things but in the end, I ended up looking away from the sky. I didn't need anything ruining my train of thought right now. I slowly faded away using Kamui and reappeared in another hideout. Here, there were one hundred thousand Zetsus below me and a Gedo statue in front of me. I had already shown them to Kabuto and looking at them they seemed. Different. I had thought of them of soldiers but in another way, they would be murders too, wouldn't they?

I continued staring at them before scoffing. Her words were beginning to sink in but I could feel every thought inside me rejecting her words. The way she thought. Everything. She was wrong. I had already confirmed that.

I sighed as I slowly looked up at the ceiling. I felt as if my feelings were wavering.

What did I want?

The answer I would have to find out myself.

---

A day passed and I was still thinking about it. That question she had asked me "Do you really want to do this" it hit me like a ton of bricks. I needed to know the answer. Did I really want to start a war?

I slowly removed my Akatsuki cloak and put on a bigger cloak. I felt tired of searching for an answer. I needed to know now. I put the hood over my face and slowly got up. With Kamui, I transported myself to a nearby village and walked straight into t. I blinked a few times.  I walked into the small village when looking at it made me feel old. There were so many young people running around doing things with their time it made me feel uneasy but at the same time, it was comforting. They had bonds... did I really want to destroy them?

I continued walking deeper into the village and I saw families. So many of them. Some were holding hands others weren't but I could sense the closeness of it all. I never had parents to look up too but I would never lay my hands on someone and make them go through such a pain. At least, not intentionally. If they were under the Infinite Tsukiyomi they could imagine there parents and family right, but... would that be different.

I turned around slowly walking out of the village at once but on my way back to the hideout. I saw a person I wasn't expecting to see.

Mizuki.

What was she doing out here? She should've been in the hideout yet she was here showing her face freely. I sighed. At least she wasn't in her Akatsuki cloak. I was about to pass her by when she suddenly looked t me. She could barely see my face but I knew she could sense my chakra.

I walked away from her quickly only to feel her chakra following me. She followed me straight out of the village until I felt her hand connect with mine.

"Tobi," she said.

I turned around and she let go of my arm and smiled at me,"I want to show you something," she said and I tilted my head at her before being dragged behind her.

We passed many trees and bushes before we reached a very vast lake. Looking around it was quite a beautiful scenery but I had a feeling that wasn't the reason why she took me here. I look straight into her blue eyes and she looked at me though she could not see me very well.

"Here," she said,"this is where I wanted to show you."

I looked around slowly,"Here?" I asked.

She nodded slowly and took me closer to the lake. All of a sudden I felt my hood being pulled down and I immediately stiffened.

"What are you doing?" I asked calmly before trying to put my hood back up. I tried to but she stopped me and gave me a kiss on my now exposed cheek,"Just let me show you something first and then you can put it back up. Plus nobody is here to see you. Don't worry about it," she said.

I scoffed. There was always a reason to be worried. After all, it was never safe.

"Look," she said.

She pointed to the water and I look straight down at it only to see our reflection in it. Her hands were on my shoulders and she was looking at me with a huge smile on her face. I blinked twice as I felt as if all my questions are being answered at once. I might not have had a complete reason to justify why I had killed so many people but I did have a reason why I would not start a war.

The reason was simple. It was because I was Obito. Not Madara, not Tobi, Obito. The Obito I saw now in the reflection of a lake. The heavily scarred Obito both physically and mentally.

The Obito that would not force other people to adjust to what he thought was right but would make all agree with him. Or not at all.

It was at that moment that I realized, I had avoided so much more bloodshed that I would ever come to know.

Or to see for that matter.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Twenty-First Chapter | Obito POV ❤❤❤

Thanks for 4K😍

Vote

Comment

Enjoy~