Intentions

Coming back the next day, I felt tension in the room. I sensed an argument had recently occurred.
Watari allows me in the room gesturing to where L is, who had kept his eyes on me since the door opened. Stepping over Matsuda, who had found himself a comfy space on the floor, I make my way to L. 

"Why does the room feel so angry? Someone had a fight or something?" I ask reaching him. He has the tip of his thumb in his mouth, looking like he's thinking, likely considering whether to tell me about why the room has such a tense aura.

 "There was a... discussion. A discussion about you actually." He finally tells me. I nod understanding. I'm not particularly surprised. If any of them were actually smart they would not allow me to be here and would have moved locations. I assume someone disagreed with my presence. 

"Someone not a fan of me then?" I say, tilting my head with a slight smile. I find it amusing when people dislike me. 

"Well I'm glad to see you're not bothered by that but that's not the case." He corrects me. Well, now I'm intrigued. 

"Mind just telling me what is what about then?" I pull his legs down so he's sat normally and I sit on his lap. He seems shocked but I pretend not to notice. He doesn't tell me to get off though, even when I put my arm around his shoulders. No one looks up at us other than Matsuda, who stares and looks almost... disappointed? Hah! Did he like me? I slide my eyes by his and his eyes lock with mine. I give him a sweet smile, ignoring that I'm sat on L's lap in a flirtatious manner. I look away once his smiles matches mine, I need everyone on my side during this. I just need to hang around till I've got Light completely on my side and I've made up my decision if I need him then... well I won't need L anymore I suppose.

I look at L who is still in my grasp. I'm only playing with him, right? This flirting thing is fake, I don't like him. If that's true then why do I feel like I'm trying to convince myself of it? 

"Seems a few of the team like you a lot, which angered those who thought the same. Mr Yagami broke it up. I had no part in it." So it was the opposite of what I thought. My smile never falters and perhaps even grows. I don't bother to cover it.

"You didn't take part in the jealousy battle for my affections?" I ask teasingly.

He shyly shakes his head but then speaks with certainty in his voice, "My attention is solely focused on the task at hand: finding Kira." I bring my fingers to the neckline of his top. I slightly tug at it before patting it down and delicately bringing my finger across the fabric before 'accidentally' going off trail and caressing the skin of his neck. He slightly bends his head back, allowing me to see his collar bone. He's enjoying himself. I take my hand back and stand up. He blinks seemingly shocked at himself then looks around the room. Everyone is occasionally glancing up at us, looking both jealous and uncomfortable. Well not Mr Yagami, he's just seems uncomfortable. L clears his throat as if to clear his thoughts. 

"That's a shame, Lolly. I was hoping you liked me." I pout and look towards the door seconds before there was a knock. If no one else thinks it, at least I think I'm a little psychic. I walk away from L but not before I delicately bringing my finger across his thigh. Perhaps I shouldn't be so forward, this is only the second day, I'm just going to come across as whorish. I take a seat on the sofa and put a pillow on my lap hugging it loosely. As Light enters the room, Watari closing the door behind him. He looks around the room, searching, and spots me on the sofa, watching him contently. After looking at each person in the room, with Light's gaze lasting a little longer on L, he takes his place next to me on the sofa not putting any effort in leaving any space between us. 

"Nari, I'm glad to see you could join us again. What's today's plan of action?" Light says with the familiarity of someone who's known me longer than a mere day. 

"I wouldn't know. Lolly?" I say turning to face L, noticing he was already looking at me. 

"Lolly?" Light says questioningly with slight amusement.

"I thought it better than L or this 'Ryuzaki' nonsense." I turn back to L again like I care for his reply about what he had in store for us today. He says some boring things that do not interest me but the task force seems to be paying full attention to him. Light is also listening but not with the intensity of the rest. Yet somehow he is the first to give his opinion to L. Light is trying hard to fit in, even though he blends in just fine. This clearly shows he does not feel that he blends in at all. Making it obvious, to only me apparently, that he knows he does not belong in this room. 

If L is as smart as he seems to be, then he should recognise this but has he? I may need Light so I will need to pry any suspicion away from him but after saying my thoughts on Light yesterday, before I met him, I can't just now refuse any chance of Light being a suspect. I'll have to faze it out and point my finger at someone else... but the question is who?

I glance around the room as if to find an answer and my eyes waver over each person like a possibility but each of them are wrong. They would not be here if L did not trust each of them to be innocent. I need someone who is an outsider but still partially connected to the case. I can't be connected to them but I need to be well informed about them. They have to be smart enough to be Kira but dumb enough to fall for whatever I say. This could be hard. 

My eyes accidentally lock with Light's and I feel like he knows what I'm thinking. He gives me a soft nod. I bring my thumb over my bottom lip thoughtfully. Looking into his eyes I feel my heart flutter and I almost put my hand over my chest in confusion but restrain myself. Both L and Light are making me question myself and my intentions but I would be lying if I knew why. And I hate not knowing things.