Lawliet

"You're choosing L over me!?" Light yells furious. 

"No I just need him right now... and I don't need you." Light walks over to me pressing me against the wall holding my throat in his hand. 

"Well then I'll kill him... or maybe I'll kill you. You're no good without the other." His grip tightens and my vision blurs, darkness consuming my sight. 

"I'm sorry Light," I say with my last breathe. He looks at me both angry and confused, then he looks behind him and Yama is holding his death note with pen in hand. 

"No!" Light yells releasing me and runs for Yama but collapses to the ground holding his chest. Yama laughs and laughs, filling my ears. 

"Light no!" I run to his side and hold him in my lap, my tears fall onto his shirt making dark blotches in the fabric. 

"I'll never forgive you." He says gripping my leg but it's weak. I shake my head.

"No Light, please don't say that." His grip loosens and his head becomes heavier in my lap as his eyes roll upward. I scream and cry and I hold onto his body. Suddenly my shirt is tugged and I'm lifted to my feet. The hands unforgivably griping me belong to L. 

"Do you really think I actually loved you? You're a killer. You killed Light." I look down to Light who has now disappeared and look back to L, he's gripping his chest instead of me. He takes his hands away to reveal blood spreading in his white top. "And you killed me, Nari." I try and cover the bleeding wound but it just bleeds through my fingers. "No, no I never wanted to hurt either of you. You know me! My name isn't Nari I told you my name, we trust each other." He crumbles to his knees, holding onto his bloodied chest. 

"No one knows you. You're a liar. You're evil. You will never be trusted." His eyes roll back like Light's had and falls backwards. I struggle to catch him but just as I grab him, stopping him from hitting his head. He suddenly grabs me by the shoulders and shakes me with his eyes still pushed back, showing the whites of his eyes "(y/n) can you hear me? (y/n) (y/n)!" 

 My eyes open and I feel my face is damp with tears. 

"You were dreaming (y/n)." L is sat next to me in bed. Holding onto me protectively. After what happened yesterday, L left the room we had talked in and said to everyone to call it a day and with a lot of questions and disagreements he got everyone out. Afterwards, we also called it a day and went to bed in the hotel room. My breathing is still paced and I hold onto L. 

"I'm sorry L." I bury my face into his neck, holding onto his bare torso. 

"Shush, whatever happened it was a dream." I shake my head. 

"I dragged you into this. You're supposed to be a detective solving this Kira case and when you finally get answers I'm dragging you down with me. You didn't want any of this." I wipe my eyes as he strokes my hair. 

"No. I already told you. For you I can change, I'm not willing to give you up." I cuddle into him. "(y/n) this Kira person you're puppeteering... who is it?" I frown. 

"Well, I'd rather we wouldn't talk about that. It doesn't matter anyway as I'm probably going to have to get rid of him now." L tenses around me. 

"Well if you're going to kill him then why not just give me his name? It would have solved the Kira case and instead of strangely giving up on the case which I've never done, we could arrest him." I shake my head and sit up from our hug and look at him questioningly. 

"But the killings will still go on because of me, if you sentence him to death they'll think you got it wrong and you would be in a hell lot of trouble." He looks away. 

"Uh - oh right of course." He's acting a little strange. 

"You're not willing to give up on the case are you?..." I say knowingly, getting out of bed. He puts the tip of his thumb in his mouth looking at me with a look of guilt. 

"I've never lost a case before and now I'm supposed to go on not knowing who it was. That goes against everything I have ever known." I look down at him. 

"But you just said... fine. Well then I guess we're done here." I pull my shirt on over my head. "Feel free to tell your little task force everything but don't expect any of them to last long." I pull on my jeans and head to the door, grabbing my shoes. 

"So you're just going to kill those who are getting in the way? I suppose that includes me?" A smirk appears on my lips. 

"Good bye Lawliet." When his real name leaves my lips he stares at me scared. He probably felt untouchable with his name in secret as they knew the killer needed a face and a name. Only now does he know that I know his real name. He rushes across the bed reaching for me, trying to make me stop, now knowing he'd made a big mistake but I was already out the door. Soon as I reach the ground floor of the hotel, I rush out the door and lean against the wall. I hold my chest and slowly bring myself to sitting on the floor choking on tears, crying in front of the few people passing me, giving me strange look. 

"You said you where playing him, you're acting on emotions (y/n)." I give Yama a death glare. 

"You don't think I fucking know that!?" People stare at me scared as I talk to no one. Great. "But he said he could give up on this case. He said he would drop it all for me!" I'm angry I believed him, maybe even he thought he could but I think deep down we both know he couldn't. He's too set in his ways. 

"Or maybe he was using you." Yama says sitting in front of me. I stare at him with anger but then it fades and I look at him with realisation. 

"H-he said all that for me to give him Kira's name. Once he got Kira he would have got me too." I say looking at Yama who seems pleased with himself. "But he seemed so real yesterday. He practically begged for me... no. He was begging for me so I could give him the answers to the case. 'But I need you' Yeah he needed me to finish the case. He couldn't have me running off because as soon as they had Kira I would be next." I scream into my knees, releasing some stress. 

"Ready to kill him yet?" Yama chuckles and I raise my head to look at her. 

"His death would be too easy. I going to slowly rip away everything he has and is. First? His team."

A/N I'm starting to feel like this story is going down hill? I need writing prompts, comment suggestions and opinions plz. Thank you so much for reading and vote if you like the story ^-^ x