Suspicious

A/N: I need people to comment title ideas for this fanfiction

"L..." I start. He waits for me to explain. "You're being ridiculous if you think that's what it looks like. It's a book," I say pretty convincingly. He looks at the book in his hand and seems unsure.

"What is it (y/n)?" He says forwardly. He knows it's more than paper. I sit next to him, still holding the blanket around my body. 

"It's pages of who I've killed. Nothing more than a list. The first few pages are like an inside joke," I say and take the book and hold it closed. "Please don't put your detective skills somewhere they don't need to be." I chuckle but I'm a little on edge. I slip the book back in my bag and sit on his lap. I rest my hands on the back of his neck and let the blanket slip off my torso, only covering my lap. He puts his hands on my bare waist and rubs his thumb against my skin.

"I wish you'd be more honest with me," He says and stops stroking my skin. My heart beat won't steady it's harsh beating. I pull him towards me to kiss him but he turns his face.

"L..." I say and try and make eye contact with him. He lets his hair cover his eyes.

"Every time I promise to be on your side, something pops up and makes me question you. How is it that even after you saying you love me, you can still lie? I promised I'm on your side." I brush my fingers through his hair so I can see him. Maybe he's right. I run my fingers through his hair in thought. I stop and rest my hands on the back of his neck again. With a sigh I speak up.

"The book... it's like a weapon," I say and he lifts his head to look at me surprised. "What the rules say are all true. A Shinigami wrote them, not me." I confess. "The day you met Yama, I touched you with some paper. It was from this book and that allowed you to see him." I say and he sits still, taking in all of the information. "I only wanted to introduce you to all of this in bits. First I showed you Yama, then told you the truth about me and now the Death Note. It's not easy to show someone all this. It's complicated." I run my hands down his chest, waiting for a reaction. With all the honesty, I feel a little vulnerable and decide to pull the blanket up to cover myself again but he stops me. He leans in and kisses me.

"Thank you for telling me," He says and my eyes widen as he deepens the kiss. We aren't going to talk about this? I assume he will stop the kiss to question me further but he pulls me into him and I know that's him done with talking. I lean backwards, breaking the kiss.

"You don't want to ask me about it?" I know him, he would be all over trying to see how it works and learning how far the rules go but instead he's trying to get it on with me. 

"Like you said, I should learn it bit by bit. If you think it would be too much to take in all at once then I should wait to learn more, right?" He smiles but it's strange. He kisses me and closes his eyes, pushing into me. I reciprocate it but have my eyes open. Something's up. I'm missing something. Light's face pops into my head and I remember him looking panicked when I came back, he hadn't even looked at me. I want to know why he acted that way. I want to know why L is acting this way. We lay down on the sofa and kiss, I'm only not pulling away so L doesn't know I'm suspicious. 

Questioning him is not this right move, I know this instinctively. 

A/N: Rip Jonghyun, a beautiful man and singer.