Heaven Or Hell

"Yama will deal with this," I say looking at the bodies. L looks down at Soichiro, Hirokazu and Hideki. "No. Change that. We need to make this public." I say and bite my lip in thought as I come up with a plan.

L's gaze shoots to mine. "You want the public to know about this?" He says clearly not having anticipated my suggestion.

"It practically reads out 'don't fuck with Kira'" I say and crouch beside Hideki.

L continues to watch me."I'm struggling to agree with your thought track..." He turns to Light. "So are you just okay with her just killing your father, Light?" He asks Light who looks to me.

"I trust Nari knows what's best." Light replies.

'Good answer' I think to myself. I'm a little surprised though. There was a moment of fear in Light's eyes when he saw what I had planned for his father. I've also found myself assuming L will be okay with me taking charge, for some reason. I just found out he spilt my secret to the team so I probably shouldn't be so trusting. I find myself just looking at L suspiciously.

"I suppose you're angry." He says making me focus again.

"I'm not quite sure if that's the word I'd use but it works," I say and stand up again. "You told the whole team who I really was and kept it from me. They all did. But I am curious," I say.

"About?" L asks.

"You didn't tell Light. Had you suspected we were working together?" I ask.

"I'm a genius, do you think I didn't know there was something going on?" L says

"Do you know what's going on?" I ask knowingly.

L hesitates, "Well, I don't know exactly-"

"Some genius," I say sarcastically.

We all go quiet. As I look at the mess around me I lose track. I don't know what lies I've told either of them, I don't know what small truths I've shared. I don't know what I should bother lying about or if this is time to just spill the truth.

And what even is the truth? Am I using them? Do I care about them? Both? Neither?

And what now? What's my plan of action? My chest feels heavy and air just can't seem to fill my lungs enough.

This feeling, it's strange and unnerving.

I could start over. I got what I wanted, the team is dead and I'm standing with Kira and the last detective. I could kill them both and be done with this. I can sense Yama lingering near me watching over this mess. He's thinking the same thing I am, I know it. Light is loyal, if today has proven anything it's that. Then there's L. We have done nothing but clash and as I've just found out, he betrayed me but I don't want him gone. Just the thought burns something inside me. But I don't need them both.

"I bet you feel a little stuck right now," I say to L. "Look around you. A room of bodies and two murderers." It would be so easy to choose L if our relationship wasn't so turbulent. I can't trust him.

"I'm not scared of you, (y/n)." He catches my attention when he uses my name. Light looks between us with a quirked eyebrow.

"I guess you're just telling all my secrets now." I narrow my eyes at him.

"He doesn't have to know." He says with a steady gaze. My eyes flare open briefly before I cover my expression. Is L really suggesting what I think he is? Was that a nudge to take out Light?

"What are you both talking about?" Light steps in but we pay him no mind.

"I can't trust you." I shake my head at L.