6. IT'S HIM, ISN'T IT.

This chapter is happy cause of Hopper and Nat becoming closer but some sad things happen friends sorry in advance. Thank you all so much for supporting this book so much, its crazy! This has never happened to me before haha.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter and love you guys!

Unedited

_____________________________________________________________

Hopper drove them to the library to find out some more information on Hawkins Lab. The entire ride there was little awkward to say the least. Every once and a while they would glance at each other and quickly look away, and cover it up with a cough.

"Hey, Hopper?" Natalie spoke up.

He cleared his throat, "uh, yeah?"

"Can you turn on the heat?" she asked him while tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear.

He nodded, "Sure." he turned on the heat and Natalie sighed when a blast of warmth hit her.

"Not a fan of winter?" Hopper asked.

She smiled, "No, not really. I like it hot."

Hopper cracked a smile, "I'm assuming you're not from Indiana then?"

She shook her head, "Yeah, I'm from Austin, Texas."

"Texas?" Hopper said with wide eyes, "What are you doing all the way up here, kid?"

"Veterinary school." she replied, "Trust me, I would have rather gone to UCLA." she laughed.

Hopper gave her a toothy grin, "Don't blame you," he then parked the car and they entered the library.

The librarian looked at them from over her glasses and her lips dropped into a deep scowl. Natalie watched Hopper shift uncomfortably next to her.

"Hi Marissa, how you doing?" he asked her with a fake smile.

Marissa narrowed her eyes to slits, "You have a lot of nerve showing up here, especially with her, seriously Jim, she's half your age." she spat and glared at Hopper and her angry eyes landed on Natalie, "Honey, don't waste your time with older men."

Natalie gritted her teeth in anger, "What is that supposed to mean?" she snapped and was going to storm over to the librarian, but Hopper grabbed her upper arm and pulled her back next to him.

"What?" Hopper asked innocently an gave Natalie a warning glare.

Marissa folder her arms, "You could have at least called said, 'Marissa! It's not gonna work out." she threw up her arms in anger.

Hopper shrugged, "Sorry I wasted your time, I'm a dick."

Marissa nodded, "Yup."

Hopper took off his hat, "Well, maybe we could go out next week-" Natalie sharply elbowed him in the ribs, causing him to wince, "okay, Newspapers. You guys got newspapers around here?"

"We got the New York Times, the Post, all the big ones." Marissa said with a sigh. "They're all organized by year and topic, you can find the corresponding microfiche in the reading room."

Hopper nodded, "okay, we're looking for anything on Hawkins National Laboratory." he announced.

Marissa tilted her head in confusion, "Shouldn't you be looking for that kid?" she asked.

"We are," Natalie hissed at her angrily. She did not like Marissa, something about her made her blood boil.

Hopper gave Natalie a confused glanced and cleared his throat, "Uh, why don't you start with the Times, and we'll check out the post." He told Marissa.