confrontation

I sit on the swings at the park I use to come to when I was little. This wasn't just any park, this was our park. The park that holds so many memories. The good, the bad, the funny. Everyday after school our parents use to take us here. I remember the first time I tried to do the monkey bars, it was a fail. I started crying because I was so short and it was so hard, and than Jace started helping me. Him being taller and two years older worked to our benefit. He took me by my waist and lifted me up to help me get across. That was one of my favorite memories.

The tears spill down my face at the distant memory. I always ruin things by opening my big fat mouth. I dont know when to be quite and that seems to be a huge problem for me. Especially with all these damn hormones. I'm all ready a dramatic teenager, adding the baby on top of it I'm likely to be emitted to the crazy home. That's when I hear a low "hi" in my ear before someone drops onto the swing next to me. I slowly lift my head up, making sure my dark hair covers my face like a curtain. With a sniffle I groggily ask "What do you want?"

"I want to be there for you and the baby."

"W-what?"

"I said I wa-"

"No, I heard you, but I wasn't expecting that..." I trail off feeling a little bad for thinking he would ditch me. Again.

His brows forward in confusion as he looks at me with a sad look in his blue eyes that seem to be losing their crystal blue color and turning more into a storm cloud gray color. That means either he's truly hurt or he's angry. "Is that what you think of me?"

"Well...."

"Look I know I've done a lot of fucked up shit. I know I've messed up more than once, and I know I've hurt you more than I've ever meant to. All I've ever wanted to do was protect you. I care for you more than I should. Its not a brotherly type of care either and that's what has me so messed up. Trying not to hurt you caused me to hurt you more than I've ever could of imagine. And it's not just you who I have hurt. Its plenty of other girls, but none of those girls matter to me. Only you."

"What? I-i dont understand?" Which I really dont. Its like I'm hearing him, but my brain can't process it. In the last couple of hours he's been telling me he cares and it seems almost impossible to believe. He hurt me, but this isn't about me anymore. Its about the beautiful baby growing inside of me.

"I'm saying I want to give us a try. I've been thinking about even before the party. I've been thinking about it for a while now and with you being pregnant makes me want to do it even more. I'm not saying we have to date or anything. Maybe be friends at least? See where that takes us?"

Pushing my hair out of my face I actually look at him. I give him the look I haven't given him in a while. I give him a smile before standing up and hugging him, which he instantly returns.

He chuckles and I giggle a little bit before pulling away.

"Tag, your it," I say as I poke him before running off. I run towards the slide as I hear his laughter and his foot steps close behind me. Just as I'm about to climb up the slid, I feel my self get lifted off my feet causing me to screech and giggle at the same time. I've never realized how much I've missed him until now.

Maybe everything will be alright.

A/N: IK IT MAY SEEM LIKE ITS MOVING FAST, BUT I HAVE A LOT INSTORE SO I NEED TO PICK UP THE PASE(SP?) SO I CAN FIT EVERYTHING IN WITH OUT THW BOOK BEING 200 CHAPTERS. I WOULD LOSE MY PATIENTS. SORRY IF U FEEL LIKE IT MIGHT BE TOO FAST OR A LITTLE BORING. THEY HAVE A LOT INSTORE FOR THEM