Consequences

Chapter 19 Consequences

I've been avoiding them for almost a week now. Every time they asked me what was wrong I would just shake my head and tell them I haven't been able to get much sleep do to my pregnancy. They seem to buy it. I also haven't got anymore notes in more locker, thank god.

Today is monday and I'm making my way to the football field so I can avoid my friends during lunch. I reluctantly make my way up the bleachers and take a seat with a sigh. I unwrap my bag lunched and take a bite of the turkey and cheese sandwhich when I feel a presence next to me causing me to look up and find Jace.

"Yes?" I ask before taking another bite of the sandwhich.

"What's going on Aphrodite?"

"Nothing, why would you think something was going on?"

"Maybe because you keep avoiding us."

"I'm just tired."

"Bullshit! Whats going on with you? Is it me? Did I do something? A-are you going to break up with me?" Jace asks as water fills his eyes making me stare at him in shock. Is that what he thinks? I love him, I could never leave him.

"No Jace, that's not what it is."

"Than what is it? You can tell me anything." He says, grabbing my hand and gives it a squeeze as I finish my sandwhich.

"Its... its complicated." I say, telling the truth. I want to tell him everything, but I can't. If I did I would be putting our friends at risk of having a good future, and I can't do that. Not to them. Not for my own happiness. 

I move my book bag down so it can be by my feet and not just laying there, but I failed to notice that I didn't zip it all the way causing a familiar pink piece of paper to fall out. Before I can grab it it has already caught Jace's eyes and he instantly picks it up and forwards his brows.

"What is this?"

"Nothing! Now give it back!" I say all to quickly.

Jace opens it and stands up since I'm trying to grab it out of his hands. He starts to walk down the bleachers in a fast pace as I follow and try to keep grabbing it out of his hands.

"Jace! Give me that!"

Jace turns around with a glare and grinds his teeth together

"This is why you've been avoiding us?"

I look down, not able to look him in his pained blue eyes that are turning a stormy grey showing me his obvious anger.

"I'm going to find who wrote this and kill them!  Who does this? This is sick!" He practically screams making me flinch back.

I guess he noticed hes scaring me so his eyes soften and he lets out a sigh before running his hand through his hair and takes a step closer to me since we are now in the grass. He lightly grabs my cheek and I can feel his minty breathe fanning my face.

"Hey, look at me. Everythings going to be okay, alright?"

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive." And with that his  lips capture mine. My hand instantly rap around the back of his neck pulling him closer to me. At this point I'm not thinking about the consequences.  I'm just being very selfish. My hands make their way to his soft hair and his hands rub soft circles on my hips. Eventually we both pull away our breathes coming out in huffs from the long make out session.

"It amazes me you're still so skinny."

"Well I am only three months and I'm happy because school gets out in two weeks so now no one has to know about the baby... yet."