Part 21-Rewritten

"Hey Pen, why did you hate me so much?" I ask her curiously. Today was a Saturday and I was visiting her again in the hospital. She's suppose to be released in a couple of days, but we have all been taking turns coming to see her. Jace has recently gotten a job and he usually comes with me to see her, but he works today so I decided to go alone. Sometimes her room is full with us all in there. She has also had a few randoms and acquaintances come to visit her, but for the most part it's been Me, Jace, Tyler, Marie, Athena, Nara, Jasmine and Jayla. Depending on who is working depends on how many they let into the room. The doctor who works today only allows three friends in at a time. Good thing I came alone instead of with the group.

   "It's mainly Jealousy. The guy I liked and perused liked you even though you seemed to not even notice his existence. It was before you and Jaces falling out so you were still pinning after him. Plus everyone seemed to love you. I didn't have that. My mom was hard on me and I didn't have many friends at the time while everyone wanted to be friends with you. To an eleven year old girl you seemed perfect and I was jealous of that perfection. You are the reason I wanted to be popular. I wanted people to admire me the way they admired you. That's why I started being mean to you. Soon after that you and Jace stopped being friends and I saw my opportunity to make you Jealous of me. It wasn't long before I started developing feelings for him. I could see what you saw in him. He was nice to me, but to Marie he treated her like a sister. I wanted him to be as sweet to me as he was to her. I assumed he hated you since he ditched you. I never asked for the reason he ditched you, but I thought you must of done something he didn't like. I started trash talking you thinking it would win his affections, but instead he exploded on me and told me to not mention your name to him again. That's when I realized he didn't hate you, he loved you. That's when I really started to dislike you. I didn't understand why every guy I liked liked you instead. I started hating myself and I took it out on you and others. It was wrong. I never hated you I just hated I couldn't compare to you." She says as she looks down at her hands in thought.

   "You know Pen you are very pretty and many people and boys love you. I'm sorry the two you had romantic feelings for liked me. We can't help who we like though. Trust me I am no where near perfect. I honestly think you are a good person and all these years we could of been friends instead of enemies. I'm happy we have become friends it just sucks it took you saving my life for us to get along." I say in reply.

   "I agree. We get along pretty good so we could of been great friends. I wanted to be seen as perfect so bad I let jealousy blind me. I really am sorry for it all." She says and I nod my head knowing she is.

   "Well I can't wait till you are all better and we can all actually hang out. I hear you are pretty good at Mario Cart. Just wait until you face the master!" I say before wiggling my eyebrows at her while laughing diabolically.

   "You are such a dork." She says before laughing a little and rolling her eyes. "Just so you know you could never beat me." She says looking me straight in my eyes.

"Oh is that a challenge I hear? You'll be eating those words soon!"

   "Just wait till I'm out of this hospital! Will see who the true master is.

    A week later I sit with a purple wii controller in my hand as Pen is holding a pink one.

   "On the right side of the couch we have Aphrodite! She stands at five foot five and weighs one hundred and twenty five pounds! She has beaten multiple opponents and has yet to loose a single battle! On the left side of the couch we have Pen, she stands at five foot six and weighs one hundred and fifteen pounds! She also holds the raining championship in Mario Kart and has yet to find an opponent worthy enough to face seriously! Who will win? Who will loose? Let's find out!" Athena says as she stands in front of the TV talking like she's an UFC announcer. Once she finishes her tiny little speech she steps out of the way allowing are match to begin.

I have chosen my ride of die Koopa Troopa and Pen has chosen Rosalina. Our characters fly up the coconut malls escalator desperately trying to be the first one up. The whole game we throw shells at each other and lightning bolt each other. We also keep changing between first and second place neither of us able to hold the place for long. As we approach the finish line for the last lap I can feel everyone's gaze trained on the TV ready to see who is the first to cross. Just as I'm about to cross the line a blue turtle shell comes flying down on me knocking me out of second place allowing Pen to glide through.

   "NOOO!" I scream dramatically as I come in second place.

   "I want a rematch!" I cry. I'm very competitive and I hate loosing.

  "Fine. I'll just have to beat you again." She says before choosing Yoshi Falls.

   After a hour of us playing everyone is groaning. It seems as soon as one person wins one round the other wins the next.

"So that's six wins for Aphrodite and six wins for Pen." Athena groans out.

   "Please end this torture!" Nara says dramatically as she throws herself back against the couch.

   "How about I order pizza and we say you both are equally as good. Can we now do something everyone likes." Tyler says as he looks pained at the thought of us playing another game.

  "Fine. I agree we are equally as amazing
If Aphrodite agrees as well."

   "I agree! Now I'm starving order that pizza! Extra cheese no pepperoni on mines!" I say before putting down the controller.

   "Finally!" Everyone groans before we all agree to play monopoly. Thankfully there's eight game pieces since there's me, Jace, Mark, Tyler, Athena, Pen, Jasmine and Jayla.

   "Be ready to get your asses kicked by me!" I squeal as they set up the board game. I look at all my friends with a smile happy that me and Nara have expanded our friend group drastically in the last few months.