Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Time passed as I walked on the unknown streets, I didn't even recognise this part of the town. In front of me I saw a woman in her early thirties standing by her car and checking her phone. I walked over to her. As I came closer the woman looked up from her phone and looked at me.

"Excuse me Miss but could I borrow your phone? I've lost mine and-"

"Of course darling," the woman cut me off. Before she handed me her phone she quickly typed something in.

When I got her phone I saw that she had written something.

"I know who you are. I was assigned to get you from Adrian. I can tell you more in the car, not right now, you are being followed," it said.

I nodded at her and she jumped into her car and ran over to the passenger seat and jumped in quickly. Loud humming came from the engine when she started it and after a second were we off.

"My name is Agent Todd and I was assigned to get you from Adrian. We got everything on tape and now we are trying to arrest him. Your friend Juliette told me everything about your research," Agent Todd explained.

Everything?! Does this mean she knows about our mission? Scott said that we couldn't thrust anyone besides ourselves.

"Do you know why we researched?" I asked smoothly.

"Yes, Agent Martin told me," she said.

After that something exploded. Or maybe it wasn't an explosion; it was quieter but still loud. It took a while for me to recognise the sound.

"They are shooting on us!" I screamed, but Agent Todd had already a big gun in her hand. She handed it to me and ordered:

"Shoot them! NOW!"

Quickly I opened the window and looked out. BANG! Someone had shot at the rear-view mirror beside my head. With pure instinct I shoot back. First I just hit the road on the side. It took a while for me to adjust myself to the gun. The bad guys shot at the rear-view mirror again and again but still he wasn't good enough to hit my head. I hided my head back inside the car when I saw bullets flying at me. As soon as the bullets were gone I took out my head again and fired. Fire after fire and soon I shot the driver in the head and they drove off the road we were driving on.

"Got them!" I shouted excited.

Agent Todd gave me a high- five and then we kept driving. I closed the window after me and then I put the gun between me and Agent Todd.

"You did well," she said as she gave me a pat on my shoulder.

We sat quiet after that but a while later Agent Todd's phone started to vibrate.

She looked on the display and then she connected it to the car. Soon it was a familiar voice on the other line and I could hear everything because it was on speaker in the car.

"Hello Juliette," Agent Todd greeted.

"Hi!" Juliette said.

"I have you on the speaker in the car and Lucy is with me," Todd told Juliette.

"LUCY OMG I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU! HOW ARE YOU?! ARE YOU HURT?!" Juliette screamed into the phone.

"I'm fine, I got myself out of the and-"I got cut off by Todd.

"Right girls you can talk later, now Juliette why did you call me?"

"Yes, about that. A source told me that Adrian is back on track again. I researched about it and hacked me into some system cameras where people have recently seen him. I overheard a conversation with him and a girl in the same age and she invited him to a party this Friday," Juliette told us.