Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Monday came quicker than I thought and it was time for school again. I felt better, I wasn’t going to take the principals offer that was to taking the day off. Even though that’s what most students would have done I felt as if I would destroy the principal's trust in me. So here I am walking though the corridor in my white converse towards first period: fighting. I knew there was going to be a new teacher there, or a substitute, though it still felt like I was going to the normal lesson with Mr Stone but he was dead.

The sound of steps was heard from behind me; I turned around and saw Shawn running towards me, his blonde hair flying in every direction as he ran. He held a tight grip around his grey Nike backpack as he ran in order to keep the backpack from falling because it was just slung over one shoulder. He started walking in my pace when he came up to me, his sneakers was untied. From the look of it he must have just woken up.

“Hey,” he greeted.

“Hi, how are you?” I asked.

“Fine, thanks, how are you? I heard you saw Mr Stones body, must have been terrible,” Shawn said, while he scratched his neck as he knew it was a sensitive subject.

“Yes, it was, and I don’t want to talk about it,” I said at him a little too harsh.

“Okay,” he said and looked at some papers that were lying further away from us.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to sound so harsh,” I excused myself.

“It’s okay, I understand,” he answered.

He scratched his neck one more time and that was when I noticed the big wound on his wrist. It was about 5 centimetres (131⁄32inches) long and looked deep; almost like something scarp had cut his wrist.

“Oh my god, what have happened with your wrist?” I exclaimed.

“It’s nothing I-“.

I took his wrist carefully in my hands and looked at it. My eyes got wide at how horrible it looked. I stoke my thumb over it. The wound had a hard shell over it which was a sign that it was healing. I released his wrist and bent down to look after gauze bandages and tape, unlucky I didn’t have anything that could cover it from getting scratched up. Worried as I was I couldn’t stop myself from questioning if he needed to sew up the wound.

“Lucy, it’s okay, it’s already healing,” Shawn assured me.

“Yes, I know I just- whatever.”

We continued walking in silent. There was something that bothered me about his wound and something that felt familiar about it but I couldn’t put my finger on it.

“Excuse me for asking, but where did you get that wound or scar?” I asked Shawn curious.