Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Days have passed and Josh hadn’t even looked my way. I’ve noticed that he has being trying to avoid me. I still don’t know what Jaxon told him. Juliette tried to make me happy again. I didn’t know why I felt so lonely; it felt as it was a gap in my heart. Josh didn’t sit beside me on the lessons we had together he had chosen to sit beside toxic- fart- guy instead of me. Adrian didn’t even say sorry, he just laughed and walked away, what an ass. One thing I know is that I have a tiny little problem; since I’m going to spend time with Adrian because of the mission Josh will probably think we are dating, enough of my boy drama. Why do I even care? I don’t even know what this between Josh and me is…

Anyhow, it was Friday night and Juliette and I were sitting on her bed watching The Notebook while eating chocolate like the candy queens we are. Juliette and I both sat glued onto the screen but I could feel the tiredness come creeping onto me. We both sat under Juliette’s pink flowered blanket, me in my cosy soft pants with an oversized black t shirt and Juliette was dressed almost the same. Out of nowhere Juliette turned to me and pause the movie.

“Watching this just makes me think of how complicated your life must be,” Juliette said out of nowhere. It was a surprise to me, why would she sit and think of how complicated my life is? Sure, she is my best and only friend here at the spy school, but it felt as if I put all my pressures onto her shoulders.

“Juliette you shouldn’t be concerned of my life, I’m fine,” I said while I tried to push the play bottom again but Juliette snatched my hand away.

“Why did you…” I started.

“No Lucy, seriously I’m worried about you! Your life is upside-down right now, you’ve just seen one of the teachers here getting killed and now Josh is not talking to you, I know there was something in between you guys,” Juliette said with a soft voice. She was such a good friend, I don’t deserve her as a friend, and she is too good for me.

“I don’t like him…” I defended myself.

“I didn’t say you did… Wait a little here, you like him?” Juliette asked me with intense blue eyes staring at me. I threw my hands up in the air.

“Didn’t you hear me?” I smiled, trying not cover me smile up.

“But you are smiling…”

“No!” I shouted. We both went silent and started at each other, Juliette still with a sneaky smile on her face.

“But…” Juliette tried again but I shushed her. She went quiet and joked about locking her mouth and throwing away the key. I knew I had to tell her, it would be a little embarrassing, but she was my best friend. So there wouldn’t be any problems right?

“I’ve actually never liked or loved someone else besides family…” I said.

“What?!” Juliette exclaimed. “Haven’t you even had a simple crush on someone in school?”