Chapter 4: Peyton and Riley

October 13 2023
Heath's POV ;
Today is the first day that Peyton and Riley come over . And they will spend the weekend with us . I can tell that Bella is a little nervous because she's like their step mom . I know she never thought she would be in this position.
But we both are ready for this . We transformed the guest bedroom into their room . Now we are waiting to get them .

As we all are sitting in the living room we hear the door bell . The twins pop up and ran to the door . Me and Bella followed afterward. She opened the door and their they were . Jaimie was holding Riley and Peyton was losing her hand . " Hi there " Jaimie said with a big smile across her face . " Hi " Bella said . Then Jaimie came in for a hug which no one expected. " Dad!"  Peyton said as he ran to me . I hugged him tight and picked him up . " Yell here are their schedule for day and night so you will know . " She says as she hands Bella , Riley  and then she pulls out folded paper from her purse . She then said bye to the kids and left . " Dad who's she ?" Peyton asked as he pointed to Bella " This is Bella " I tell him . " She's your step mom " I add and he smiles . " Peyton and Riley would you like to see your room ?" Bella said and their eyes widened . We went upstairs and to the door by the end of the hall . We walked in and they saw their room . " Woah!" Peyton says as he goes to see his bed . Bella let Riley our of her hands and she ran to her bed . " Do you love it ?" Bella asked and Peyton nodded as he began to play with his car. Then the twins walks in and started to play with them .

Bella's POV ;
When I first saw Peyton and Riley I could definitely tell they were Heath's . The hair color and eyes were just like his . It was about 4 and so everyone would be here to meet Peyton and Riley .

We finished giving them the tour of the house and they all sat in the living room and watched Disney Channel . Soon David , Liza ,Kristen, and Scotty arrived . " Hey man " Scott says to Heath and they did a manly bro hug . " Hey Girl !" Liza says to me and we hug which Kristen soon joins . After talking real quickly we all walked into the living room " Guys This is Peyton and Riley " Heath says to them all . " Aww" Kristen says . They all walk closer to them so see them " Heath the similarity" David speaks up . I know what he is talking about .

Heath's POV ;
Today only Scotty,Liza,David and Kristen plus their kids are coming over . Everyone else will meet them tomorrow . David spoke about how similar we look . Soon we all go outside and talk . We sit at the table out their and the kids play on the playground we had in the back . It wasn't to hot and it wasn't to cold out . " David can you take a picture of all of us ?" Bella asked and he nodded . She handed him our camera and the kids gathered around . "1,2,3 cheese " Liza says " cheese " the kids says and we smile ." Aww that's cute !" Kristen says . We walk over to the camera and look . Their was a cute photo of us all .

Soon it was 8pm . Everyone had left already . So it was time to get the kids ready for bed . I decided to bath Peyton and Jacob together and Bella will bath Riley and Kimberly together .

Bella's POV ;
After we bathed them we got them dressed into their little pjs . Heath has to take a phone call so I decided to put all four of them to bed . I first put Jacob and Kimberly into their room and beds . They were so tired they didn't even want a bedtime story . Then I walked into Pey  and Riley's room . " Bella can you read us a bedtime story ?" Peyton asked and I nodded . He then pulled out a little book from his book bag . It was a Arthur book from his school . Riley came and laid in her brothers bed while I read . Soon she was knocked out . I was done reading and I carried her to her bed and I tucked her in . "Bella ?" Peyton calls out to me " Yea ?" I ask and I turn around to face him " So if your married to my dad what does that make you ?" He asked " It makes me your step mom " I tell him " So what do I call you ?" I didn't hesitate " call em what every you'd like " I say with a smile . He the. Smiles back and we say goodnight . I turned off the light and I closed the door behind me .

I soon realize I didn't stop smiling from what Peyton asked. I never thought being a step mom was easy .

————————————————————
Total words : 833
Nicknames for the kids .
Peyton : Pey
Jacob : J
Kimberly : Kim or Mae
Riley : Ri Ri