2• First Note

"Are you serious?? You've been playing it since you were eight and this is all you've got??" His annoying voice was close to my ear, cold and rude.

I looked up at my new tutor. His name was Min Yoongi. His pale skin and sweet features couldn't let me focus too well on the keys that my palms became sweaty from embsrassment and slipped over and over.

I still couldn't believe he was my new tutor who broke into my life and was ruder than my old one. And here I thought she was the rudest and most loathsome person on earth.

I guess I was wrong.

"Focus, (Y/N)! You sound like you're playing your first ever note." He scolded me, leaning harshly on the piano, making me flinch at his sudden harshness.

"I'm trying." I said, looking down.

"Trying my a**! Is this all you've got? And you want to play piano on the Seoul grand event??!"

I sighed as tears threatened to come out. No, I couldn't cry in front of him. I'm not a cry baby. I need to handle myself for the event. Its really close.

I was a little thirsty so I decided to get up and drink something since I started taking classes in my house. In my room.

But then I was pushed back in my seat when Yoongi said,"and where do you think you're going? We're not done yet."

"Relax, I'm just going to drink water."

"No, you can't unless we're done. You're not gonna go get water and go back to play the piano when you're on stage, are you??"

I looked back at him in anger now while he crossed his arms and stared at me to continue. But I didn't, I got back up again, saying,"seriously, dude. What is wrong with you??"

He caught my wrist so hard and fast that I had to stiffle a cry.

"What is wrong with me??! I'm not the one who's not working my lazy a** hard enough and have to be ready for next weak."

I tried yanking my hand out of his strong grip but failed. He looked at my failing tries with his hand and a glint of a smile flashed in his face but dissapeared as soon as it came. He looked back at me and hissed, "Sit. Down."

I sighed, how could my parents bring me this guy to train me?? Haven't they known anything about him before deciding? But I couldn't do anything about it. They were both at work now so I'm left alone to suffer until 5 pm.

Its alright, (Y/N), just another half an hour and your misery will end for today, I thought to myself, sitting down calmly and trying not to punch my tutor.

"Okay, now start from the beginning."

I focused on the keys and started pressing them, playing a soft set of notes. But one finger was just a meli second late. But it was enough for Yoongi to let out a furious sigh.

"You're focusing too much on the keys..."

I stopped playing and looked down at the white and black keys that felt hard.

"Just.. Close your eyes."

I looked up at him,"huh?"

"Just do it. And don't open them unti I tell you."

I felt a little sceptical about it, but I closed my eyes anyway.

"Now play. And don't open them."

I breathed in, trying to find the right keys.

"Dont. Just feel them and you'll find them."

I stopped for a while, then tried to touch the keys and played them without too much thinking, and they felt as if they were following me, not the other way around.

"Yeah, that's better. But..."

I gasped as I suddenly felt a pair of warm hands on mine.

"Don't open your eyes. Just relax and let the keys lead you. You worry too much and think too much." I heard his warm breath above my head, I sucked a breath, holding a shiver.

I tried to lose myself in the music, I breathed it in, letting it mix along with my thoughts, clearing my head from all my surroundings. And it sounded as if it was someone else playing. Yoongi's soft hands were still on mine but I was the one controlling the keys.

I pressed the final notes and opened my eyes slowly, looking up at Yoongi who was studying my face.
"I almost thought you had no talent," he said, removing his hands from mine. He stepped away and continued, "all you need is not to try."

"What do you mean?"

He looked at me and smiled, giving me a daze; it was a really beautiful smile that I haven't thought would look that good. But he didn't answer me. He only looked at the clock hung on the wall and said,"its past five. Class is already over. Tommorow you'll have another class."

With that, he took a leave, letting me back again with my confused thoughts alone with my piano.