14• Beruhigt

A/N: Beruhigt: (German), a direction to perform in a calm, quiet manner.

*********†***********†**********

The warm air of the theater hit me with a wave as I hurriedly opened the door, rushing towards the stage.

I had gone to my house and changed. Luckily, my parents had stayed out at night because they went far away for a business matter. But they were already on their way to see me performing. My mom had called and told me that.

For some reason, I wanted a certain person to be there and see me perform, too; Yoongi. I mean, he'd be proud if I did well, tonight, right?

But sadly, he refused to come and said he needed to rest, even though I tried hard to drag him with me but to no avail.

I caught my breath as my feet made creaking sounds as soon as I stepped on the stage stairs and headed towards the back of the stage to try to warm up a little. The event would start in half an hour.

I caught a glimpse of Baekhyun and looked around, finding him already practicing on the large piano.

I gulped as I saw him beautifully performing; it meant I couldn't practice now. And I had no time.

Baekhyun opened his eyes that were closed as he played and stopped playing for a moment, glancing at me,"(Y/N), I thought you'd never come! I was so worried about you and I thought something happened to you because you never get late!" He said this with an excited smile in like two seconds, but somehow, I managed to understand most of it.

I nodded,"I'm fine, Baekhyun. I just... Overslept."

"Oh, I kept trying to look around for you in here that I forgot to even warm up." He got up and gestured for me to sit instead,"you can practice instead. I can manage myself." He said.

But I shook my head in disapproval and said,"no, it's my fault. I came late. I'm sorry I made you worry about me like that, Baek. But you should practice."

He sighed and looked down, then suddenly back up as his face lit up with a warm smile and raised eyebrows,"how about we both practice together?"

"Huh?"

He suddenly pulled my hand and let me sit on another chair he grabbed from somewhere and sat beside me, both of us facing the piano.

He looked over at me and said,"we don't need to play the same composition we'll perform. At least we can warm up our fingers. What can we play together?"

I looked at the piano keys and tried to think of something. But then I said,"anything."

Baekhyun pouted as he thought of some composition to play. Then he smiled and started playing, and I followed his notes with mine, recognizing the composition he played.