19• Sostenuto

A/N: Sostenuto: (Italian) : Sustained. A direction to hold (sustain) each note for its full time value.

_______________________________

Walking back home after a long school day, I heaved a deep sigh, already thinking of sleeping. But nooo. I had to study and I had a class.

Thinking about it, I didn't think I was able to face Yoongi again in like.. 20 years? But I needed to practice.

"(Y/N)!" I suddenly heard my name as soon as I reached my house gate. I tilted my head to the side to find Jungkook gasping for air while running towards me.

My eyes widened, "Jungkook??  What are you doing here?"

"Please! – just open.. The —"

I had already pushed the gate wide open and pulled Jungkook inside before he could finish his sentence.

He gasped as I locked the gate and he pushed his back against the wall as if trying to become a part of it.

A few moments of silence passed.  Then a man voice cried out, "AIISHH!!  We lost him again!! "

Then the sound faded away.

"Thank you," Jungkook said after catching his breath.

I smiled, "No problem. But you shouldn't keep stealing, you know."

He scratched his head from the back, letting out a -I got caught red handed- laugh.

"Anyway, come on in. I baked a cake yesterday and I'd like you to taste it." I welcomed him inside.

"Wait,  what?  You bake? Cool." With that, I let him inside again, pushing away the thoughts that told me not to let him into my life because he was a bad person. But everyone can change. Everyone must have at least a speck of good in them, right?

________________________________

Jungkook's POV

Getting out of (Y/N) 's house with the sweet taste of cake and cream still in my mouth, I smiled like an idiot.

"Aww, Kookie is happy? " I turned in astonishment towards the sound, seeing Hoseok leaning on the outside walls of (Y/N)'s garden with a sly smile on his face.

"What do you want?" I rolled my eyes.

"What do I want? " he came towards me and put a hand on my shoulder. "I want to know what Kookie is doing in a rich-ass house like this."

"It's non of your business."

"And it's non of my business if the monster knew all about this."

"No!!  Don't tell him.. Please."

"Then tell me what you were doing here."  The satisfaction of abusing me was clear on his face.

"But promise me you won't tell the leader or any of Bangtan."

"You have my word," he innocently smiled.

"Okay.. "

________________________________

Your POV

10 minutes..

Oh, no.

Only ten minutes and he'll be here.

I sat on my piano chair, knowing he'll invite himself on his own. And I thought of all the adventures Jungkook told me about, how much I didn't know about this world, feeling as if I was locked in a box, seeing the whole world from only a small window.

And I had played some piano to Jungkook and told him I was going to play in many events; winter was an eventful season.

A cough made out interrupted my thoughts. I looked up to see Yoongi getting into my room and stuffing what looked like a piece of paper and a pen in his leather jacket pocket. He never made eye contact with me as he stood in front of the piano.

"Today you will learn something a little harder." He said, gesturing for me to get up. I got up from my seat and he sat down. Closing his eyes, his hands swiftly started to play.

My eyes widened as I whispered, "Cohen?? "

He seemed so distant as he played. So far away from the Yoongi who had kissed me under the snow. Maybe it was all my mistake from the beginning. Maybe I shouldn't have held those feelings for him. While he played now, he looked impossible to reach.

"Your turn," he said after he finished.

I wasn't even focusing with the music anymore. And now I had to play it. Cool.

Time Skip

Finally, a long day ended with a warm, comforting shower. I entered my room with the towel still on my wet head. But then my eyes landed on an object on the floor.

I bent down and picked up a folded paper, furrowing my eyebrows as I whispered to myself,"this isn't mine, is it? "

I unfolded it,  finding lines of words. And beneath them was what looked like a composition.

Was this..  A song??

I silently read the lyrics:

Broken Keys

My keys started to crack,

As the ashes and night carried away my dreams,

All the light went black,

Until you lightened everything, brighter than it seems,

But with that light,

With your eyes too bright,

You burned my soul,

You broke every piece of me;

Just like those piano keys,

You played with my heart,

And broke it,

And now I'm wandering the night,

Stepping on my ashes,

Wishing I'll get fixed right,

As I sink into your eyes,

But I can't,

Fix my broken keys..

This handwriting... I have seen it before, haven't I??