3• See with your Ears

Yoongi's POV

"Yoongi," he called from behind.

"Don't tell me you're going to teach piano again." He said harshly.

I turned to him slowly, trying to gulp the heavy lump in my throat and responded, "I am bringing us money, aren't I? Once I graduate, I will find a job, dad." I turned and left the house, not waiting for more scolding from him. Getting away from that dreadful, silent place was my everyday first priority now. It was a way to survive after having your dream simply crushed.

I headed to the snobby girl's house to give her another class, the memories of the first one flashing in my head; how she seemed hopeless at first. But if she could free her talent...

My train of thoughts stopped once I arrived at her house, not bothering to knock or ring the doorbell, her parents were rarely there since that's what rich people did all day. No matter how much they had they couldn't stop. They were already addicted... Just like my addiction to music.

I shook my head, throwing those thoughts away. I needed to focus on teaching the girl, not my past. I entered the girl's room after a maid came to me and asked to take my jacket.

"Get your own," I told her, opening the door of (Y/N)'s room.

There she was, sitting calmly at her desk, reading something. She looked more like a princess. Wait, what?

"Oh, you're here?" She said, bringing me out of my tangled thoughts.

I nodded, getting in and heading to the piano. She got up and wanted to reach the piano seat but I came before her.

She looked at me in mere confusion. "Don't I have to train, not you?"

"Yes, you idiot. I'm teaching you right now. Now, listen carefully to the notes that I'm about to play."

She was still wondering about what the Hell I was doing but eventually nodded, standing beside me and looking at the piano.

"Focus on something else while I'm playing," I told her.

"Like what?"

"Like me," I said teasingly.

She furrowed her eyebrows at me and looked away at her window. I chuckled and started playing on the piano something soft but filled with emotion; sadness, anger, despair... Dissapointment.

Then I stopped after the last note, opening my closed eyes and meeting the girl's gaze who was apparently looking at me the whole time.

"Told you I was worth looking more than the window."

She blushed as she looked away again. It was really fun teasing her.

"Now, your turn."

She looked back at me in astonishment,"me??"

"Yes, play the same composition I played and don't look at the piano." I said, getting up from the seat and letting her sit instead.

"But.. But even if I tried, I will look at the keys," she said, sitting slowly on the chair and looking hesitantly at her piano.

"I know, that's why I brought this," I said, taking out a blindfold from my pocket. "You won't peak with this on."

"A blindfold??"

"Yes, now turn around."

She gulped, turning her head to the front to face the piano while I tied the blindfold around her head, covering her eyes.

"Start now."

She set her fingers on the keys nervously, not knowing what to do.

"(Y/N), (Y/N), remember what you did yesterday. Don't think. Don't try. Let your ears be your eyes."

She sighed nervously and started playing, imitating my hands and playing the same notes. But there was a wrong note that didn't rhyme.

"Again." I said.

"Aish," she sighed.

"Again." I told her harshly.

She turned back to the piano, the blindfold still covering her eyes. We kept repeating the same thing again and again.

"(Y/N), you're not feeling the music. That's what's stopping you. Haven't you had any bad moments in your life that felt as if they crushed you? Moments that made you feel as if all your life effort was swiftly stepped on and easily vanished??"

She went silent for a few moments. But she didn't answer me, only started playing as swiftly as I had ever seen her play. It was even a little better than my rusty playing and brought all those memories back.

I didn't notice when she was done until she looked at me in worry after taking off the blindfold and asked,"Yo-Yoongi, are you crying?"

I looked at her in shock, but then I touched my cold cheek with my finger tip, feeling the salty liquid of a tear sprayed on it.

I wiped it as soon as I could and said, "I told you not to take off the blindfold unless you're done."

"No, you didn't." She said.

I shook my head,"class is over today. See you tomorrow."

"But... Its still 4:40."

"I said see you tomorrow." I left in a hurry, forgetting the blindfold in the girl's hand who looked back at me in worry and wonder. But I never got to look back and see her worried face.