17• Incalzando

A/N: Incalzando: (Italian), a direction to perform with increasing warmth and speed.

Hope you enjoy this chapter 😊

*********†**********†*********

One of the maids brought us some tea and cookies to the living room where I sat with the boy who just broke into my house.

He sat on a couch, staring around with wide eyes like a child who just entered a candy shop. I barely held my laugh while I said,"would you like to have some cookies?"

He raised his eyebrows as he looked at the plate in front of him, gulped, then nodded slowly as he took a big bite of cookies. He then gave me a bunny-looking smile after gulping down the cookie,"this is so good!" He exclaimed happily.

Now, I couldn't hold a giggle that escaped my mouth. But then I stopped and went all serious,"now, are you going to tell me how you ended up here?"

He gulped another cookie nervously then looked at me,"um, yeah, well. I mean... Um, I.... Stole some money from those guys."

He then tried to explain when my eyes widened in shock, waving his hands frantically in the air,"it's not what it seems! I owed them money so they wouldn't attack me. But now I needed the money. And it's originally mine."

I tilted my head in confusion,"what??"

He sighed,"listen, there's like a law on the streets where I live; you give them the money, then you're safe. You don't, then.... You're dead."

Now that was shocking. How could someone do such a bad thing like that??

"But... Who are they?" I asked in curiosity.

"They're like a gang. And honestly, I used to work for them. But that was just because I couldn't give them money sometimes. But then I... Snapped."

"W-what happened?"

Jungkook nervously bit his lip, probably considering the fact that he was telling all this to a complete stranger.

"Well, I already told you too much. So what difference would it make?" He shook his head and inhaled before continuing,"I... I killed one of them and ran away. With my money, of course. He just.... Kept abusing me with the money and pushing me to the edge of sanity until I did that."

I clenched my fists, finally my stupid mind feeling unsafe at the presence of a murderer. He glanced at me and saw how nervous I looked and said,"I swear I'm not a bad guy. I'm not a murderer. But you can never keep your hands clean when you're on the streets."

"But... But.. Where are those people?? Can't you tell me who they are? Maybe I could stop them."

He shook his head in denial,"you can't. Nobody can. It's too dangerous."

It was now my turn to go silent and think. Maybe... My dad could do something. But he was too busy.

He was always too busy.

"Umm, let's not think about that for a bit, let's just... Umm. Oh, right. I didn't know your name." He said, trying to change the subject.

"(Y/N).."

"Oh, I like that name," he said cheerfully, his teeth showing again.

"Listen, Jungkook. Isn't there someone we could talk to so they can stop?"

He forrowed his eyebrows,"(Y/N), look. You can't talk to those people. They don't talk. They act. And you won't like their actions."

He got up angrily, memories seemed to flood from his dark eyes as he walked to the exit.

"Wait, Jungkook!" I unconsciously grabbed his hand and he stopped, looking at me in shock with raised eyebrows.

"Please.. Tell me."

He pursed his lips together then finally said,"well, for now, they have a temporary leader. They used to have a really strong leader before, though. They say that he was unbeatable. Nobody could face him. But he walked away from the gang for some reason. It wasn't that long ago."

"Why? Where did he go?"

"Nobody knows why he left them or where he is now. But all I know is that he had a nickname or something. They used to call him like that and nobody ever knew his real name. I think his nickname was... Umm it was something like -"

"AGUST D."

We both looked up at the source of the sound, finding Yoongi standing at the door with a very blank face. His eyes looked directly at Jungkook. But then they shifted towards me, making me feel too small for some reason. His stare was like knives.

"(Y/N), you have a guest?" He said sarcastically. But at the same time in a cold manner.

Jungkook gulped, lookimg at Yoongi,"How do you know his name? You know that leader?" Jungkook asked him.

Yoongi didn't answer, only shook his head at Jungkook in dissaproval as he came closer.

"I think it's time for you to leave, Jungkook."

"And you know my name??"

Yoongi suddenly gave him a glare that shut him up as Jungkook nodded and hurried towards the exit after giving me a last nod before leaving.

Yoongi never looked into my eyes after that as he said,"You can't just let criminals into your house, you idiot."

I blinked at him in confusion,"but he's not a criminal. And how did you know the name of that leader -"

"You can't trust anyone! And that is none of your business how I knew."

I stared at him in shock; he looked as if he just met me again, as if those walls he built before never broke down or ever cracked, making it impossible for me to reach that Yoongi I kissed that night again. But I knew that he was still there, lost in the woods behind his walls somewhere. And I had to bring him back.

"Yoongi... Why are you here anyway?"

He looked at me irritatedly, pointing at his watch that just hit 3:30.

"Late for class," he said before inviting himself inside to my room and I slowly followed him, feeling bad for all what happened and for making Jungkook leave like that.