18• Martellato

A/N: Martellato: Italian: Hammered. In piano music, a direction to strike the keys heavily and stiffly, like a hammer. And sorry for not updating in a looong while but I've been soooo busy with life and I've had this HUGE writer's block AND the story felt a little too boring. But now I've finally come up with the story details. But Im telling you, grab your wigs because the next few chapters are going to be a little bit epic :))

Enjoy 😊

________________________________

"You can't put another bite in, you'll choke!" I said to Baekhyun worridly, but still laughing at him as he ignored my warnings and stuffed another mouthful of waffles into his already full mouth, biting the food slowly and finally gulping it down with a bit hardness.

"But I'm hungry," he said, reaching with his hand to grab yet another waffle.

I shook my head as I watched him eat with full appetite, not believing someone would have that much of appetite for food. But I went back to my half finished pancake, Baekhyun's maner giving me the urge to eat as well.

This morning, Baekhyun had decided to have some breakfast outside with me since we haven't seen each other for a while - particularly, since that event night. And I had agreed, feeling too bored at home alone, like always.

Baekhyun gulped the last bite of waffles on his now empty plate and glanced at me,"you know, I'm moving in to a new school." He said.

"Which one?" I asked, a bite of pancakes in my fork reaching its way to my mouth.

"You know, I can't remember its name. But its the one just down the street. I think it's close to your house."

The fork stopped midway, not reaching my mouth as I stopped and stared at him in disbelief.

"Umm, what?" He asked as he noticed the shocked look my face held.

"It's my school!" I exclaimed, not believing my self. Baekhyun was going to the same school I go to!!

His eyebrows rose to their ends,"really??!" He was appearantly shocked, too.

I nodded fast and hard, a wide grin reaching its way to my mouth.

His eyes brightened as he cheered,"yaay, I'll get to see you more, (Y/N)!"

I returned his smile with a warm one, concealing the thrill and nervousness inside of me.

____________________________________

The wind rushed past me as it carried all the leaves and dust away. I walked home after having the breakfast with Baekhyun before he told me he was probably going to see me at school tomorrow.

I enjoyed my walk as I paced on the pavement, I had the feeling to walk home since the weather felt nice. But my mood was changed just like a light switch as I saw a familiar person.

I saw Yoongi walking out of a cemetery while wiping his red nose. His eyes then met mine and his pacing stopped as mine did.

I hadn't seen him in a while now, and he felt too distant nowadays. And I was shocked to see him walk out of that place.

"Um, hey," I could hear how tiny my voice sounded.

He just nodded as a response, suddenly interested by the dry leave that was struggling on the pavement against the power of the wind.

"Sooo, how have you been doing?"

He just shrugged, turning to leave already, but I grabbed his shoulder before he left, not even thinking twice. No, I hadn't even thought once before doing that.

He looked at me with raised eyebrows as he gave me a chance to explain what I wanted.

My head searched for a quick request,"I need a class. I... I mean, I just.. Have to be ready for Christmas to play on that night. And I need your help. But let's go to the warehouse."

"Warehouse? " he repeated, one eyebrow raised.

"It's not really a warehouse. My dad owns it and I used to take classes there since it was more isolated and didn't disturb anyone and it's close. And I... I like the piano there." I confessed. Why did I even want to take him there? I didn't even know.

He only looked at me, obviously not falling for that, but still not rejecting as he gave me an 'okay' and walked behind me towards the close warehouse. I gulped as I thought of my next move; I was planning on finding out what I meant for him and why he acted strange when Jungkook showed up. But it didn't seem like an easy task for me.

With a nervous sigh, I followed the wandering leaves on the pavement towards that place, Yoongi right behind me.

____________________________________

Yoongi's POV

A way of distraction would save me from thinking too much about my problems. And (Y/N) was a good way of distraction. Teaching her, of course.

She entered the warehouse, which turned out to be more like a summer house, and she gestured for me to keep following her until we reached what looked like the music room. Inside of it, right in the middle was a large, baby blue piano, decorated with white waves and lines.

Now I see why she liked training here. That piano was so unique, unlike any other. And in some way, it pulls you to touch its keys.

(Y/N) sat on the piano bench which was a light blue matching the piano.

"You know, this piano was my dream when I was young. I saw it once in a very expensive shop in Europe. And I fell in love with it. I fell in love with music afterwards." She said as she started playing a soft tune.

"Strike the keys more heavily, now, " I said, ignoring her babbling.

She quickened the music now, but still lacked something; she wasn't focusing.

"By the way, how did you know about Jungkook's name and all that the other day. How did you know about agust d?"

"I am here to teach, not chat." I said coldly, avoid that sting in my heart.

She suddenly stopped playing and I looked at her, shocked to see her mad expression.

"What is wrong with you?? You can't just open up like that, kiss me, and then pretend non of that happened!! " Now, tears we're sliding down her rosy cheeks.

"Didn't that kiss mean anything to you??" Now she looked so desperate. And, oh, how I wanted to tell her the truth. But what good would it do? She was better without a person like me in her life. So I lied to her, I lied to myself and said,"It was only a mistake. That night, I was.. Drunk.. "

She then stood, no more tears falling down, and I looked away, not daring to face her.

"I am only your piano tutor, nothing more. I can't be more." The words were forced out of my tightened throat.

She only shook her head and walked out of the ware house, leaving my empty heart in a hollow place.