23• Markiert

A/N: Markiert: (German) : a direction to perform with emphasis and sharply accented.

__________♪___________

The sun casted a coppery golden on the tops of Seoul's high skyscrapers as the boy with the warming heart walked home after school, a certain memory of a certain kiss just a few hours ago never leaving his clouded mind as he wandered between the alleys.

His thoughts took him so far away that he gasped once he was suddenly pushed against a wall, his cheek pressed hard to the cold stone of it.

"Don't you dare get near her!" Baekhyun heard from behind him. He forced his neck to turn towards the guy who held him against the wall so tightly to find Yoongi, (Y/N)'s teacher looking viciously at him.

"Who?"

"Don't you 'who' me! (Y/N)!! Who else?? Touch her again and I swear I'll cut your little pianist fingers!"

"What? But.. I didn't do anything. Im not trying to hurt her. And besides, aren't you her piano tutor? Why so worried about her like that?"

Those words cut at Yoongi's chest like knives. And Baekhyun saw it in the older's eyes, as if mirroring his own, his feelings were clear as the sunlight.

Yoongi bit his lip as he moved his hands away from Baekhyun, nodding slowly as he tucked his fists in his pockets.

Now that Baekhyun could turn his whole body towards him easily, he can notice how different he looked from the last time he saw him; unlike the party Yoongi dressed in a smart dark blue suit that looked good with his dark hair locks, this Yoongi who wore baggy, worn off clothes with shadows under his darkened eyes, who strongly smelled of liqueur as if he had never stopped drinking, was definitely the opposite of what he seemed before.

Yoongi looked down, slowly nodding, "I guess you're right.. "

"You know, if you really liked her that you want to protect her that much, you should tell her.. Before it's too late..." Why was Baekhyun telling him this? Why was he trying to help Yoongi even though he loved (Y/N) and wanted her to be his so much?? Maybe because he loved her enough to let go of her because he knew and saw how she felt for Yoongi, too.

Yoongi then furrowed his eyebrows, "Nevermind, you know, this is none of your damn business. Just take care of your own business instead. And don't get near her. I'm watching you."
With that last drunken warning of Yoongi, he stumbled away as he let out a hurting laugh as he closed his eyes against the sky, the never erasing memory of (Y/N) flashing behind his heavy eyelids.

__________♪__________

Your POV

The icy winter air outside blew against the school building where so many soft Christmas lights hung inside as the chatter if people never stopped. The atmosphere was probably much different from my next event that I will be in; the next event was much, much bigger and would determine my future to be picked to enter the collage of my dreams.

I remembered when I told Jungkook about that event and he smiled excitedly with his bunny teeth. I felt too nervous about it on the other hand.

I let out a relieved sigh to at least see one of my parents, my mother, sitting among the audience for her daughter's Christmas party.

I sat in my piano seat as I let out a shaken breath and started playing a soft, piano music.

As I finally played the last keys, the crowd cheered as the music died away. And I got up, thanking them as I walked out of the stage.

After that, Baekhyun played his composition. And then he walked backstage where I was nervously waiting; since that day at school in the practice room I haven't seen him nor talked to, him. He was probably busy, though.

"Hey, Baek. Nice playing out there." I greeted him with a soft smile. He only nodded at me and didn't add any words, which was weird; that was not the Baekhyun I knew, something was definitely off.

"So, how was my playing?" I asked, trying to keep a conversation going even though he avoided my eyes.

And for some reason, that hurt.

"Brilliant as always." He said it lacking the enthusiasm in his voice he always seemed to have.

Then it hit me; what if it was because of the kiss? Just like what happened with Yoongi right after he kissed me? Was it all my fault? No, no. I didn't want everything to fall into pieces as if it hadn't even existed again. Not with Baekhyun.

The night went on as I tried to hold my posture and faked a smile, masking away the fresh pain I got from what was supposed to be good.

__________♪__________

Relieved for the warmth the coffee shop provided compared to the rainy storm outside, I walked in with my scarf hiding half my face; it was freezing.

"Hey, Baekhyun," I cheerfully said as I sat in front of him. He greeted me, too. Then I ordered a hot caramel macchiato to warm me a little as I took off my purple scarf.

"So, what did you want to tell me,  Baekhyun? Is it that important to pull me out of my bed in a weather like that?" I joked, even though I would travel the earth for him if he needed me.

He looked a little nervous and I felt that small ticklish feeling in my heart. Was he going to confess? Was it not all a waste of emotion and that kiss really did mean something?

He looked down at his tangled fingers as he nervously bit his lip and said, "Um, actually, (Y/N). I'm leaving."

__________♪___________

A/N: Please don't kill me ; -; it was already hard enough to write this. Why am I such an angsty person? Idk. But don't worry. The end probably won't be angsty. Probably. Jk dont kill me 😂
So, what do y'all think? Leave your votes and comments. I love you, lovely readers😘 Love yourself, too💕💕