25• Ängstlich

A/N: ängstlich: (German) : a direction to perform in a fearful, anxious manner.

__________♪__________

Your POV

"You look stunning, honey."

I nodded slowly, a shaky breath escaping my dry lips as they trembled along with my heart.

That wound that I made in my palm, apparently, was much smaller than I expected, much smaller than the gape in my aching heart. It didn't stop me from playing at the festival tonight. My parents were nonetheless shocked at my reckless action as they scolded me and forced me to train over and over for the event, never asking once why I broke down, thinking it was mere stress that I had.

My mother smiled at me as she put on her last jewelry. And then we took off to the main stadium for the event.

I wore a long, silvery-grey dress which had a compliment from almost everyone who saw me in it, telling me how gorgeous and outstanding I looked. But, oh, how crumpled I was on the inside.

We finally stopped the car at the main entrance after struggling with the cheering crowds who were craving to see the lanterns being set free to the sky. Even though the sun hadn't even set yet.

The stage was a rumbling noise of rich and important people, others who looked for fresh talents were among them, too.

That was my life opportunity..

That I was about to lose..

I walked on the echoing steps of the large stage nervously; never in my life had I stepped on a stage so huge, played in an event so great. But I shouldn't be nervous; I had nothing else to lose. I lost everything,  I had lost Baekhyun and now Yoongi. Now, losing the chance to get into the university of my dreams didn't sound as horrible as I felt right now. Nothing felt worse than this loss, I tell myself as I sit on the piano seat and set my fingers firmly on the piano keys.

Breathe. Inhale. Exhale. One. Two. Three.

I began with a little fast paced piece, pouring out all of my pain, sorrow and fear through my fingers and into the white and golden grand piano.

Never in my life had I stepped on a stage so huge, played in an event so great. And never in my life had I played so wildly, so freely, so fearlessly. All the crowd and people melted away into a forgotten faraway mist, even my parents. I glanced once at the crowd, searching for a certain someone. But he wasn't there. Why would he be??

I kept playing and playing until the very end, giving it a little too much force.

At the finale, I was already panting heavily while the crowd clapped and cheered too loud. But I couldn't hear it, I only heard the rush of blood in my ears and the streaming hot tears that fell on my lap while my shoulders started shaking.

I suddenly stood and walked out of the whole stadium as fast as I could, not caring about any important guy who held my future at the tips of their fingers.

I ran outside, not even knowing where I was heading through the misty night. But I stopped in my tracks once I heard a familiar voice.

"(Y/N)??"

I turned to see Jungkook who looked at me nervously as he approached me.

I wiped my tears as I tried not to let out anymore, shivering. He then came closer and covered me with his jacket since I only wore a thin dress.

"W-what are you doing here? It's cold outside. And it's night." He asked worriedly.

My tears that I held so tight came down in a flow as I buried my face in his chest, letting out my shaky sobs into his clothes.

After a moment of shock, I felt his tensed muscles relax as he started rubbing my back soothingly.

"(Y/N)," he whispered with his lovely calming voice. And I sniffed, balling my fists as I held onto his clothes, letting out a small 'hmm?' In between my sobs.

"I'm... I'm sorry."

"Huh??"

I felt a hard pull from behind me and a pair of strong arms covering my mouth tightly. And the last thing I saw under the silver moonlight was Jungkook's sorry face staring back at me in sadness.

__________♪__________

A/N: Oooohhh another cliffhanger. Lol, sorry. Idk how to NOT do like that at the end of every chapter 😂

But oohh what was that plot twist????  I hope you liked it ;)

And sadly, this book is about to end 😢 I hate the endings like that cuz I'll miss you all sooo much;-;

But I hope I find you all in my other books cuz I love you all, my beans. Love yourselves too💕💕