23 Ambitions (5)

Imperial Palace.

A yellow-robed man sat on a throne, looking over his officials. All of them were on their knees, bowing. No one uttered a word as they mourned for the death of the prime minister, Gu Qingxue.

The whole palace was in mourning as well and anyone who didn't would be executed.

Among the officials, Wu Dingxiang was in his state robe, mourning along with the others. In his head however, he was thinking of how weak the former prime minister was and the emperor as well. He sent out many interrogations and investigations but that still could not find who was the mastermind of Gu Qingxue's death.

Thousands of imperial physicians examined Gu Qingxue's body but yet, none could determine how he died. Of course they couldn't tell!

Wu Dingxiang had planned everything out.

Now that the prime minister is gone, Your Majesty, you're next.

A sinister smile flashed on his lips but disappeared quickly. One day, he would be the one sitting on the dragon throne and not that incompetent emperor.

After mourning period ended, they buried Gu Qingxue for his loyalty to the empire. His funeral was grand and many attended it because he had done so much for the people. Unlike the emperor who was disliked by the people, Gu Qingxue was a righteous man and many wanted him to rule.

The Long family were known to be self-centered just because they had been the ruling dynasty for so many years. Wu Dingxiang wanted to change that. It wasn't time for a puppet family to rule over the empire anymore.

Time was changing and many more powerful individuals had been rising in other parts of the continent. If the Long family continued to rule, the empire would soon fall apart.

Therefore, Wu Dingxiang would definitely get rid of them and take over. His clan was one of the founding families of the empire over 200 years ago. Unlike his ancestors, Wu Dingxiang did not want to be a general for the rest of his life.

No, he wanted a more prestigious title. He had the wealth but was merely a general of war. To be the emperor, he didn't want to upsurp the throne. No, he was going to be prime minister first to gain the trust snd support of the citizens. He would slowly reveal how useless the current emperor and his descendants were before forcing him to abdicate the throne.

In order to do so, he had to get dirt on the emperor. Although the man was incompetent, he still had a backing.

Wu Xingxie will be your downfall.

He thought as he looked at the other officials. He knew they were full of corruption, and all he needed was the evidence. He planned on using Wu Xingxie to get rid of scums like them because he had better things to do. As long as they were gone, he would have no problems ascending the throne.

***
Wu Xingxie was meditating inside the bath as she wanted to reach the final level. It wasn't so easy to because she needed more cultivation and experience. Although the body was 16 years old, the soul was 21 so she she came up with a way to cultivate faster.

"If I combine the cultivation from this body and my soul, then I would have 32 years of cultivation. Why didn't I think of that? Then, as long as I can find the Immortal Flower, I can reach the final level and gain the status of an immortal." Wu Xingxie's goal was to achieve immortality so her enemies would not be able to harm her.

She planned on using Black Magic to find the Immortal Flower but decided not to. The body was still developing and if she used Black Magic, it could be a double-edged sword.

Ever since Wei became her bodyguard, he was always outside her room. Yuyan found him annoying because he seemed to always have the Eldest Miss's attention. However, she tried not to show it.

"Where is the Eldest Miss?" Wei asked as he had just arrived. Yuyan looked coldly at him before answering,

"The Eldest Miss is taking a bath. She does not want to be bothered."

Her lips pouted like a little kid who hadn't received attention in a long time. Truthfully, Wu Xingxie talked to her more than Wei. Xingxie was even more sweet to her than the male but because Wei was a man, she feared the Eldest Miss might fall in love with him!

With a man tall and good looking like Wei, even the Eldest Miss would be flustered when alone with him, right? Yuyan was still pouting when Wu Xuan came out the room, yawning.

"Oh Wei gege, you're here!" Xuan exclaimed.

A week had passed since he met Wei again and their training was going to begin today.

"Yuyan jie, where's Jiejie?" Xuan asked as he didn't see her sister on her bed when he woke up. She had been reading so much lately, he wondered if she even had time to rest.

"Eldest Miss is in the bath." Yuyan replied.
In Xingxie's personal chambers, there were many rooms. However, only a few were used. The main and largest one was used by Xingxie and Xuan because he was afraid of sleeping by himself. Another was used by Yuyan who slept alone. Other rooms were storage rooms where clothes and blankets were kept. The rooms all the way in the back were the outhouse and bath room. There were also a few empty rooms that served no purpose.

Unlike other chambers in the manor, Xingxie's was most isolated and secluded. She liked it better because it gave her more privacy. There were no guards outside the main door because she didn't need any. Usually, when someone came, Yuyan answered.

"Yuyan." Xingxie's addicting voice called softly.

"Can you bring me my clothes?"

Yuyan heard her master and quickly went into a room to find one. After that, she ran to where Xingxie was. Entering, Yuyan nearly had a nosebleed.

Wu Xingxie stood naked, showing her figure.

*****
We reached 14 in Historical Fiction! Honestly, when I started this book I thought it wouldn't be this popular but you guys love it so much!

As always, I thank you all for the votes and comments. I love reading your comments and a lot is about the male leads, but I don't want to spoil anything so you guys will have to keep reading. 😂😂😂