106 Abduction (5)

Recap:
On Wu Xingxie's wedding night, she encountered a strange man who kidnapped her. Now on an unknown island miles away from the mainland, Wu Xingxie must find a way to return. Only, her Qi has been sealed, preventing her from using magic.

*****
"Can you let go of me?"

Wu Xingxie awkwardly asked as the man was way too close for her comfort. The physical contact between them made her feel a little bit weirded out because she barely knew anything about him.

"Sorry..." He pulled away and gave a smile noticing that she was avoiding his gaze.

"Make yourself comfortable. I have some things to attend to." He told her, pushing her hair behind her ear. The male left the room, leaving Wu Xingxie stunned.

"What do you really want?" She asked, but really didn't want to know the answer.

In a sense, she had an idea to why she was here and why he said those things before.

"I'm not your wife or someone who you can dominate, Black Immortal."

Wu Xingxie's determination to leave this place increased as she reminded herself that she must live on. After returning to this timeline, her plans were only starting. No way was she going to let him get in the way!

*****

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to month, but Wu Xingxie was still no where to be found.

"It's been a month and a half, are there really no signs of Jie?" Wu Xuan desperately asked the older male who had the same solemn expression as him.

"Seventh Young Master..... Eldest Miss's spiritual presence can't be sensed. There can only be two possible reasons as to why. One, she's hiding it deliberately. Two, I dare not say." Wei clenched his fists. He wouldn't even dare think of the worst. After all, this was Wu Xingxie.

"Eldest Miss wouldn't die so easily! She's strong and won't give up." Yuyan cried out. The days without her Master has been lonely, causing her great grief.

"Guard Wei, you forgot another possibility. I think it's the most reasonable. There's a high chance she was taken by force, and whoever hid her presence on purpose to conceal her from the rest of the world." Xi Zhuhong expresses her thoughts. She was no stranger to these things so it was possible that was what happened on the night.

"It's all my fault. I left Eldest Miss unattended." Yuyan blamed herself but Sizheng patted her back softly, comforting her.

"If it wasn't for me perhaps this wouldn't have happened!"

"Don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault. It just means the kidnapper isn't a regular one."
Wei reassured the young maid.

"How would you know? Sizheng told us that the kidnapper was the one who made him mute." Wu Xuan questioned the older male.

"Trust me. Black Immortal is not someone you guys want to know." He didn't want to tell them he believed Black Immortal was behind this because he didn't want them to be targeted.

"And who is this exactly?" Xi Zhuhong asked, then drank tea that was in her hand.

"I can't say exactly for sure but he's very very dangerous. You should know him."

Xi Zhuhong Thought of all the possibilities. After all, dangerous can be used to describe many men in the empire.

"Think of the black market and who controls it." Wei gave her a hint without directly saying his title.

"You don't possibly mean?!" The ticket that was once in her hands fell with a crash onto the ground. Pieces of china scattered everywhere, but it did not faze her.

Rather, the concubine's eyes filled with worry as she realized how serious the situation was.

"Him of all people..... Why would he kidnap her? What's his motive?" A million questions formed in her head but she was most worried about Wu Xingxie's life.

"Who exactly is this person you guys are talking about? I also want to know. You guys are only giving out bits of information. I want to know who he is, what he does, his background, everything." Wu Xuan demanded. He hated being kept in the dark more than ever now that he was better and more mature than before.

Wei remained silent but reluctantly, he explained who Black Immortal was to the those who didn't know him.

*****
"Come here." A deep voice called for a certain female.

Wu Xingxie had gotten used to life on the island. Even though she was brought against her will, Black Immortal treated her better than she expected.

Scratch that, he pampered her more than she had ever been pampered in both her two lifetimes. She knew he was doing this for a hidden agenda but what exactly? What would he gain from doing this? Maybe she had something he wanted?

Wu Xingxie wracked her brain trying to find out reasons for him doing this but in the end couldn't decide which one was best.

She figured out that it was best not to anger him since he was the Black Immortal whom everyone was afraid of offending.

Reluctantly, she walked over to where he was and looked at him.

"What do you want now? Aren't you tired of wasting your time on me? I'm just a nobody. Besides, I have no powers to fight you with. You can kill me anytime you want."
She told him, knowing he didn't like to hear it.

Black Immortal frowned, opening his mouth to speak but Wu Xingxie cut him off.

"It's been a month and a half. I have things I must do." That was when she realized that a major part of her plans had been ruined. Who knows, she was probably pronounced dead by now and the Wu manor was most likely rejoicing.

"I've told you. I just want you by my side. I haven't disrespected you nor been violent towards you. I've been patient all this time because I want you to know that I mean no harm. Can't you trust me, even just a little bit?"

There was a hint of hurt in his eyes which Wu Xingxie could see. Each time, it dug at her heart deeper than the last.

Those emotions in his eyes.
He can't possibly be faking it.
Now I'm the one feeling bad.
Damn it!

She thought, forgetting that he could read her mind.

"Revenge. It's what you want, right?" He spoke, not surprised seeing her sudden reaction.

Wu Xingxie glared at him as to how he knew about it at all.

"And what about it? Don't think that just because you're keeping me here, my revenge will stop. I'm telling you. Even if it takes me a whole lifetime, I won't give up!"

Black Immortal simply smiled,
"I know. Once you decide on something, no one can stop you."

Just like in the past, I couldn't stop you.

He said the last part in his head, so she wouldn't be more confused than she already was when he told her his feelings.