83 Wu Xingxie's Marriage (1)

Upon returning to the manor, Wu Xingxie didn't bother to talk to anyone as she headed back to her chambers with Yuyan. They were a waste of time anyways.

She returned to see Wu Xuan and Sizheng outside her doors, patiently waiting.

"Xuan'er, Zheng'er, I'm back!" Her mood was lifted as soon as she saw the two cute boys.

Wu Xuan wanted to hug her but Wu Xingxie stopped him before he could come in contact.

"My clothes are dirty right now. Wait until I take a bath. Then, I'll tell you about today's events." She told him while he slightly pouted.

"By the way, where's guard Wei?" Wu Xingxie asked as he was usually around.

"He said he had an important task to do." Wu Xuan informed her and Wu Xingxie furrowed her brows.

What other important tasks do you have other than guarding me? You didn't even come with me to the party.

Wu Xingxie complained in her head that he was suddenly missing.

Then again, his personal business had nothing to do with her.

***
In the Bao clan's secret estate.

"The palace was in an uproar today. Apparently, the foods and drinks were drugged and there was an assassination attempt!" Bao Zemin exclaimed as his servants had reported. Even if the emperor ordered the guests not to reveal the matter, everyone knows the palace walls has ears. The Bao clan always knew what went on there.

"Your girl got drugged too." Bao Zemin added and the brush in Bao Ling's hand froze.
His handsome like features were oddly aloof but his body said otherwise.

"But, a young general saved her in time. He's quite handsome as well. I think they look good together." He purposely said to get a jealous reaction out of him.

General Tang Yanan was only 23 years old and single. Many ladies would die just to get a glimpse of him.

Bao Zemin thought that Wu Xingxie might fall for the general since he unexpectedly saved her. She was at a suitable age for marriage, and he'd seen how beautiful she was, so wouldn't he like her as well?

Of course, his thoughts were wrong as General Tang had no interest in romance like Wu Xingxie. He devoted his life to the empire, doing everything to make it better.
He didn't want love to hold him down so he was not subject to female attention.

Bao Ling didn't want to hear his brother but the guy did have a point.

Tang Yanan's one of the late Prime Minister's men, so if he knew she was avenging him, wouldn't they join forces? What if in the midst of all this, she became attracted to him?

No, he couldn't let that happen.
Then again, if she fell in love with Tang Yanan, it was better than her marrying someone like him, he thought.

"Leave." Bao Ling ordered coldly to which Bao Zemin frowned for being kicked out.

"I'm telling you, if someone else steals her don't blame me!" He managed to say before striding out the room. He simply wanted to tease him but why did he react so unaffected?

After Bao Zemin left, Bao Ling dropped the brush he was holding, and felt like his pressure points had been hit. He sat frozen, thinking about his brother's words.

Closing his eyes, he muttered a spell and dark flowing swirls formed before him.

The dark swirls levitated in the air, create a sort of viewing screen. As Bao Ling opened his eyes, images formed inside the darks swirls, allowing him to see what he desired.

With each images, his face darkened by the way things were going.

Known as the Demon King, Bao Ling excelled in Forbidden Magic. He was looking into the future of Wu Xingxie since this timeline, many things were different. Before, Wu Xingxie was to marry Hu Jiayi, so how did it come to this?

Bao Ling was confused as to why the future showed this. He feared that he would have no chance with her so he had to find a way to stop the wedding from happening.

"Was he right?" Bao Ling wondered if what Bao Zemin said was true because the images were of Wu Xingxie and Tang Yanan getting married.

"No, there has to be something more than just a marriage." Bao Ling didn't want to believe the images but every time he used it, the images projected always came true.

Just like how he saw Wu Xingxie would go back in time, no matter how hard he tried to change it, the heavens didn't allow him.

*****
Next chapter is a side story, it does connect to the main plot so make sure to read it. ;)