96 Wu Xingxie's Marriage (14)

"That was a great meal." Wu Xingxie praised as the three exited the restaurant. As they say, food is life. Filling up her stomach, Wu Xingxie felt much better now than earlier.

It's the festival today, why should I be all worked up over trivial things?

The female thought as she picked Sizheng up to put on the horse. Once she helped him on the saddle, Wu Xingxie prepared to get on when an explosive sound came from nearby the area.

Boom! Boom!

With each sound, Wu Xingxie's heart beat faster each second as she glanced at General Tang with unease.

He returned her the same look, confused as to what the hell was happening.

People in the restaurant ran out frantically, shouting and screaming with hysteria. As the sound grew louder, Wu Xingxie urged General Tang to leave with Sizheng.

"Quickly go!" She yelled before running off to where the sounds were coming from. Reluctantly, General Tang rode away to safety despite Sizheng shaking his head, not wanting to leave Wu Xingxie in danger.

He wanted to tell the man "Stop! We can't leave her there!" but his muteness made him unable to. He could only remain silent as he held on to the older man's waist, gritting his teeth in anger at himself.

Back where the explosions came from, Wu Xingxie stood frozen in her feet as she stared at the condition the place was in. Multiple houses were burned down to ashes, there were bodies which were no longer moving, covered with debris and bits of fire.

Wu Xingxie's body trembled as she witnessed the horrific scene.

A major event flashed in her head as she recalled the incident where assassins tried to kill a few Thai princes on their way for the Mid-Autumn Festival.
(Memtioned in Chapter 55)

Is it this?

Wu Xingxie didn't have time to make sure as she held her stance, sword in hand. The female scanned the burned out place for anyone alive when she felt a strong presence.

Wu Xingxie teleported to where the presence came from, concealing her own as she stealthily hid on the large branch of a tree.

Looking down at the scene, Wu Xingxie eyed five men. All had dark clothing with cloth masks covering everything except for their eyes. As she guessed, they had to be assassins.
Malice flashed in her eyes as she clenched her free hand, blood seeping from her nails.

"They'll be arriving any minute now." One of the assassins stated to his colleagues.

"The explosions were merely a distraction for nearby people to evacuate. Our real targets are them." Another added, holding up something in his hand. The light shone directly on the object, revealing the portrait of a man whom Wu Xingxie remembered.

Chantara?

The portrait contained a sketch of Chantara, the Thai prince who had found her when she had amnesia. Each assassin had their own portrait with a different prince on each one.

Although she didn't recognize the other four, Wu Xingxie knew Chantara's face well so she was positive they were the foreigners.

In her original timeline, one of them died which nearly led to a war as the Thai king blamed the Buxiu Empire for the murder of his son. Prime Minister Gu was able to prove the innocence of the empire, but what about now?

He had long passed away so Wu Xingxie grasped the situation at hand, decisively choosing to take things her way.

Tightly gripping her sword, Wu Xingxie leaped down from where she hid. Holding it with both hands raised above her head, the female aimed it at the nearest assassin.

The assassins failed to take notice of her as she ran her blade down the back of one of them.

It was only when the guy she slashed groaned in pain did the other four stare at her wide eyes. Losing your guard was something that all martial artists avoided as it could give your opponent a huge advantage. Just like that, with insane speed, Wu Xingxie mercilessly cut down three more of the assassins, leaving only the one with the strongest presence.

He wasn't fazed at all as his fellow mates were ruthlessly killed by a young woman. He didn't care one bit about them after all.

He could have attacked her while she was focused on the others but remained motionless. A smirk on his face, he was quite impressed by her skills. For a female who looked fragile, her actions showed otherwise.

The man nodded his head as Wu Xingxie stood before him, eyes with killing intent. The shawl she wore had long fallen off and he had a clear view of her face. The man's mouth opened slightly under his cloth mask once he saw her face.

Gasping, he thought how funny the situation turned out.

Master will love to hear about this.

He quickly laughed as he decided to retreat, disappearing from her view.

Wu Xingxie ran towards him, but his body began to distort itself as he disappeared from her view.

She looked around to see where he had disappeared to but his presence was long gone.

This feeling, she felt it before.

"Like that time...." Wu Xingxie recalled her encounter with the assassin who disguised as Wei. He had disappeared exactly the same way.

Wu Xingxie was positive they weren't the same person because of the difference in their spiritual energy, so for them to use the same technique, they had to be connected in some way.

The strange technique, Wu Xingxie had no idea what it was called but for sure, she had to learn what it was.

Glancing at the lifeless bodies, Wu Xingxie gritted her teeth in anger as she wondered how many innocent people died from their explosions. She wanted to turn away and leave, but her body started moving towards the bodies. Grasping her sword, Wu Xingxie glared coldly at the assassins.

Raising it high, she prepared to stab at
the bodies in order to satisfy her rage.

Wu Xingxie thrusted the sword, but before it touched the body, a pair of strong arms
grabbed her wrists.

*****
Sorry I haven't been updating. I've been preparing for back to school. 😭😭😭