31 Qinghai (2)

Mu Ye glared at it not to speak carelessly. The serpent was unaware that she had went back in time and believed she was already married.

Before Mu Ye could answer, Wei spoke first,

"Impossible. A guard like me, how can I be the Eldest Miss's lover?"

The serpent seemed a bit disappointed as it looked at Wu Xingxie confused.

"You can take us to Qinghai, right?" Mu Ye changed the topic. Since it would take a day long to get to Qinghai, using a Spirit Animal was more efficient for traveling. Everyone has their own Spirit Animal which varies from each individuals.

Wei was surprised Wu Xingxie's was a serpent because snakes weren't liked by anyone at all. They were looked down upon by other animals and humans as well as immortals. For Wu Xingxie, she didn't feel anything for the serpent. Even in her life before, she kept it in the magical realm and had no use for it.
Most people name their Spirit Animals but Wu Xingxie still had not given him a name.

"You haven't summoned me for like what, 3 years and now, you need me?" The serpent was obviously displeased.

Mu Ye bent over and wrapped his fingers around the red snake. With a swift motion, he turned him into a large sword which levitated in the air.

Bringing the sword closer to the ground, Mu Ye climbed onto the blade. Channeling his Qi to his lower body to stay in balance, he waited for Wei to get on.

"I've never rode a sword before."

Wei was fascinated by the ability of the serpent. So it could turn into a sword which Wu Xingxie could easily manipulate.

"Try not to fall off." Mu Ye warned in a monotone way. He didn't want to do this but Wei was the one who wanted him to use this.

After Wei stepped on the sword, the sword immediately took off. The speed was incredibly fast, causing him to hold onto Mu Ye. The sudden physical contact caught Mu Ye off guard, but he recomposed himself in time.

After 2 hours of flying, Wei told Mu Ye to slow down since they were almost at their destination. The disguised female lowered the speed and landed on a nearby hill. The sword quickly returned to its animal form and hissed loudly. Wei covered his ears from the repulsive sound, while Mu Ye performed the spell to return it to its own realm.

"Is it always like that?"

"I don't know. He's just mad I didn't ask for permission to use him as a means of transportation." Mu Ye fixed his robe which had been wrinkled from Wei holding onto him.

Wei looked around their surroundings. They had landed on a hill which had a temple on the top with stones steps going down.

"We can walk from here to my friend's place." Wei told Mu Ye who nodded in response.

He was obedient and didn't complain once. Going out was great sometimes. Wu Xingxie could explore the continent more and familiarize the different places.

As they walked, Mu Ye found himself admiring the beautiful nature and it made her regret not going out so much in her original life.

After a few minutes of walking, two ended up in a small hut in the middle of the forest.

Who is this friend?

Wei knocked on the door and after a while, the door opened.

*****
Will Wei and Xingxie get some quality time together?