24 Ambitions (6)

Yuyan stared at the girl before her. Although they were only a year apart, Wu Xingxie emitted an aura completely different from hers.

There was something about her that made her seem like she was in full bloom. Was this because the Eldest Miss took care of her body so well?

"What's wrong?" Xingxie noticed the dazed Yuyan. She was oblivious to the way Yuyan looked at her. She had never been interested in anyone before so she didn't know Yuyan saw her more than a friend and master. Since Wu Xingxie was already a woman at heart, she was not embarrassed about being seen by another female at all.

"Here...." Yuyan avoided her gaze as she handed her the clothes.

"Thank you." Xingxie smiled sweetly at her.

Geez, why am I feeling this way?

Yuyan could not help but curse herself for having dirty thoughts.

"Are you embarrassed?" Xingxie finally realized the way she was acting seemed off.

"We're both girls so you don't have to feel awkward. Our bodies are both developing well." Xingxie told her in a soft tone. Her voice could melt Yuyan's heart.

"Eldest Miss, have you ever been in love?" Yuyan asked boldly. Xingxie looked confused but answered truthfully.

"I haven't and I don't think I ever want to. As long as I have the people I care about, I don't need or want a man to keep me happy."

Yuyan felt a relief inside. The Eldest Miss admitted that she did not want a man. Does that mean she was interested in girls?

"I prefer platonic relationships like you and I."

As the Eldest Miss said this, Yuyan knew her chances were gone before they even started.

Eldest Miss, why must you be so dense when it comes to love?

"Come, help me get dress." Xingxie called as poor Yuyan nodded obediently.

***
"Wei gege, how do you cultivate?" Xuan asked as he had forgotten when Master Wu tried to teach him.

Wei wasn't surprised that the boy forgot. After all, he was still a kid and had been sick for over a decade. He would have to start from the most basic.

"There various ways to cultivate. Since you're still young, we'll start from the basics." Wei began to explain. Xuan listened to his every word as he demonstrated how Qi worked.

"Everyone is born with Qi. This is common knowledge amongst our people. For some, they do not know, so there is no way they can cultivate or, they are unable to. "

As the two began their training, Wu Xingxie also finished getting dressed. She stood from far away, watching her brother cultivate for the first time.

In the life before, she had never seen him so lively. She would not let him experience mortal sufferings of any sort.

After his death, Wu Xingxie's life became nearly meaningless. She lived an empty life, doing whatever Master Wu wanted. In a desperate attempt, Wu Xingxie even turned to Black Magic in hopes of ressurecting her beloved brother. Although she failed, she was able to learn about the Forbidden Magic of transferring her soul. Thanks to that, she was given a chance to start over.

Even if it changes other people's fate, it didn't matter to her. All she cared about was making sure the people she loved were safe and alive.

"Xuan'er, good job!" She praised enthusiastically. The boy was a fast learner. In just the first try, he was able to channel Qi successfully.

If Master Wu and Madam Wu witnessed this, they would surely regret neglecting him. A smug smile was plastered on Wu Xingxie's lips although you wouldn't be able to tell with the veil covering. She felt like she accomplished something great.

Her brother was truly a genius just like her. Wu Xingxie's thoughts turned dark as she compared their faces to Wu Dingxiang.

Both inherited their mother's looks but they did not resemble Master Wu at all. In fact, all the other boys looked like him although they had different mothers. So, why is it that only her and Wu Xuan didn't?

Wu Xingxie didn't want to accuse her own biological mother of cheating but from the woman's personality, she was starting to have doubts. She could confirm this two ways. Either Master Wu or Madam Wu revealed the truth to her. Or, if she conducted a blood test.

With her medical levels, a blood test was a piece of cake but getting Wu Dingxiang's blood was the hard part.

Wu Dingxiang, whether you are my father or not doesn't matter. For all the torment you've caused Xuan'er to feel, I will make sure you and your wife know how it feels!

Biological parents or not, in this time of age, family members plotting the death of one another was common. Since the parents initiated first, why should the daughter stay still? Should Wu Xingxie just do nothing and watch her brother get poisoned to death?

Hell no!

No matter who you may be, if you dare to hurt the people I love, I'll make sure you don't die easily.

Wu Xingxie was not the type to straight up kill people. No, she wanted them to suffer until they would rather die!

She was never the person who harbored malicious intents, but her life this time was rancorous.

The bitterness and resentment when she fell off the cliff seemed to always be there. How could she not be vengeful and spiteful, knowing her own family plotted to kill her?

No one will stop her ambitions this lifetime!

*****
Another update for you beautiful people.

As always, thanks for the love!
We reached 11 in Historical Fiction! 💕💕💕