88 Wu Xingxie's Marriage (6)

Wei on the other hand took note of her constant avoidance. Even though she tried to play it off, he could see the nervousness in her eyes.

She's avoiding my eyes...

Wei thought to himself but was more concerned about her decision to marry.

"Eldest Miss, please rethink this! You're too young for him. He's 23, that's an old man!"

"Exactly. Jie, this is a loveless marriage. I don't want you to be neglected."

Sizheng nodded vigorously, agreeing to Yuyan and Wu Xuan's persuasions.

"It benefits both sides."

"Wei ge! Please convine her!" Wu Xuan begged when Wu Xingxie said that. He couldn't believe she would do this.

Guess there's no choice. I have to use "that".

"Jie, if you marry that general or whoever, I won't eat anything! I'll move out and let the others bully me again!"

Wu Xingxie's eyes enlarged as her brother had never threw a tantrum ever before. After cultivating and honing his martial arts, his behavior had always been mature for his age.
At this moment, his arms were folded and he truly looked like a child who was angry because things weren't going the way they wanted.

"Xuan'er I'm sorry but this marriage was chosen by Madam Gu. She has helped me so much so I agreed." Wu Xingxie didn't want to hurt his feelings but she couldn't back out anymore. Madam Gu was going to be here in just a few hours. She already contacted Wu Dingxiang who agreed to let her visit. Everything was already set, Wu Dingxiang just had to give his blessings.

"Eldest Miss." Wei called to get her attention.

Wu Xingxie looked his way but avoided his eyes. Instead, she focused on the beauty mark under his eye.

"I think if you know you won't be hurt by this marriage, then go ahead and do it."
He told her, after pondering about what he should say.

He knew how serious Wu Xingxie was about the whole situation. As he had never confessed his feelings, he was aware that he had no right to stop her from refraining on her own choices.
Besides, he was just a guard to her. Society's rules would never allow them to be together for she was a noble. As for him, he abandoned his noble lineage long ago when his Master adopted him.

As the words poured out from his mouth, Wu Xingxie subconsciously bit her lips. Deep down, she at least hoped he would dissuade her from marrying.

How foolish of her as his words were the complete opposite of what she wanted to hear.

A hint of disappointment flashed in her eyes as she smiled bitterly.

"Since Guard Wei agrees with my choice, I will go ahead and marry General Tang."

***
I will go ahead and marry General Tang.

Those eight words resonated in his head.

Wei regretted his words earlier. Of course, it was too late as Madam Gu successfully received Wu Dingxiang's blessings.

The general merely agreed because at first he thought she was here regarding her husband's death, but it turned out she wanted to arrange a marriage.

Wu Xingxie and Tang Yanan.

Wu Dingxiang was no fool, so he weighed the pros and cons of the marriage before coming to an ultimate decision.

If Wu Xingxie married General Tang, their troops would be combined. He could plant Wu Xingxie as a mole so that they have no further investigations in his drug business. His reputation would be boosted once again.