35 Qinghai (6)

Having failed his mission, the assassin had no choice but to surrender. If he returned, they would kill him so it was either suicide or confess.

"So? Will you open your mouth or will I have to do it for you?" He heard the male pointing a sword at him say, causing his body to flinch.

One wrong move and I'll die! I don't want to kill myself either!

"I-I'll talk." The assassin stuttered, hearing footsteps coming his way. He didn't dare to look up at the young male who was looking down at him with contempt.

"I was sent by......" The assassin hesitated when he felt a hand reaching for his face. The young male planned on removing his mask but he couldn't let that happen!

Without thinking, the assassin tried to grab Mu Ye's hand in hopes of taking him hostage. Before he could even grab a hold of him, the assassin looked down at his chest. A sword pierced through his heart, as his blood mixed with the black uniform.

An overwhelming pain filled his whole body but he didn't die. The pain was excruciating and he couldn't breathe anymore.

"W-What is going on?" He struggled to ask, not knowing what was happening.

Mu Ye was a bit surprised by Wei's sudden attack. He could have defended himself but why did Wei have to stab the guy?

Wu Xingxie had a lot of questions she wanted to ask from this assassin. With his current state, she could still heal him but Wei gave her a look that told her not to.

"What you're feeling is just the beginning of suffering. Think about all the people you've killed as an assassin. Why did you kill them? For money? Power?" Hu Jiayi began to speak seeing the assassin clutching his chest in pain.

The assassin was in so much pain, he wanted to die. It was like someone was slowly killing him but they didn't have to do anything. Hearing the white haired male's words, the assassin thought back to how he became one in the first place.

He couldn't refuse their offer of money. He killed anyone he was ordered to without caring about the victim. He'd even killed young children who did nothing wrong.

Now, it was his turn to face death. Yet, death was taking its time because he felt pain for what seem like a thousand years but he never died.

He didn't know Wei had used illusion magic on him. His body was already dead but his brain was affected, making him think he wasn't dying any sooner and allowing him to feel.

Mu Ye frowned and opened his mouth to express his thoughts.

"Why did you have to put him in this predicament? I could have asked him so many questions."

Hu Jiayi turned to the young male and patted his shoulder.

"He was after me so I don't think you would find his answers useful." His words were trying to comfort him but really it was because he knew she would ask about the future.

"I'll dispose of his body. Mu Ye, would you mind going in town to buy some groceries?" Wei asked calmly as if there was no dead body before him. He was more worried about his meal.

Mu Ye was reluctant but he still had to listen to this guard for today and tomorrow. Nodding, he left the hut and headed to the town which was about an hour and a half of walking from the forest. Although it was Wu Xingxie's first time, she was very great at directions so this task was an easy job.

***
The town was bustling with people as everyone was trying to do their business, drawing in customers.

In a certain restaurant sat a well-dressed male, smoking his pipe. Despite the exquisite food on the table, the man was not interested at all. He simply watched the play that the restaurant was performing today. He found it funny because it was about a man whose wife cheated on him.

The man's servant bowed, as he whispered to his master.

"Our client is here."

The man smirked and nodded, implying to let the client enter. This was an important business exchange so both sides had to be welcomed.

*****
84k reads?! You guys are amazing as always!
I know I haven't been updating but I promise the daily updates will return next week since I have break and I've been working on more chapters.