46 Wu Xuan's Abilities (4)

Wu Dingxiang had been staying in the palace for quite a while since the investigation for Prime Minister Gu's death was still ongoing.

Today, the emperor finally allowed him to return to his home. Wu Dingxiang did just that as he knew they could never point the crime to him. As he was in his carriage, Wu Dingxiang wondered how the situation was at his estate.

Carefully getting off the carriage, Wu Dingxiang was greeted by the servants of the resident. He was a well-respected man in the continent but not even his wife came out to greet him. It was only his concubines, four of his sons and the rest were maids or male guards.

Of course, he didn't care. He already told Wu Xingxie she was exempted from these things. Wu Yunxia was under house arrest and as for Wu Xuan, he didn't even cross the man's mind.

Master Wu dismissed all of them before heading to Wu Yunxia's chambers. The guards in front of the doors greeted him, ready to fulfill his commands.

"I'm going to go in. Make sure no one enters."
He sternly said before they nodded and opened the door for him.

Once he was in, Master Wu tried to think of a way to make his son feel better. He hoped the boy had reflected on his past actions.

"Yun'er, I'm coming in." He announced and Wu Yunxia, who was in a messy state opened his eyes wide. He never thought this day would come. It felt as if he'd waited an eternity.

Quickly tidying himself, Wu Yunxia let his father inside.

Although he had been angry, his anger dissipated after Master Wu walked in.

"How have you been?" Master Wu looked at his son with disheveled clothes and dark circles under his eyes. Wu Yunxia had refused to eat and gotten thinner. He never imagined Wu Yunxia would become like this.

"I've been well father. I just hope you can forgive me for what happened during the banquet." Wu Yunxia almost cried but he had to show that he was strong. Or else how could he become the next head?

Even though Master Wu trained Wu Xingxie to be skilled, he never had any intentions of letting her become the successor like Madam Wu feared. He had always wanted Wu Yunxia to be the heir and it was because he was the true heir. Wu Yunxia was really his eldest child so how could he let someone else's child take over his family?

Wu Xingxie was merely a servant who just had better training than other people. She was just there to do his bidding. Once he no longer needed her, he could dispose of her anytime.

"Why do you have to try and provoke your older sister? If you're to become head of the family and future crown prince, you can't lower yourself to a female." Master Wu spoke, and Wu Yunxia nodded, keeping his head down.

"I understand. It won't happen again."

"Your sister only means well. Rather than hating her, you should befriend her. She can teach you a lot when I'm not around."

The reason he came here was to let Wu Yunxia know Wu Xingxie would never be the heir and to get him to be on good terms with the female. If he was on good terms with him, then in the future, Wu Xingxie would be loyal to Wu Yunxia as she was to him as well. Or so he believed.

Deep down, Wu Yunxia felt relieved knowing he would be the head of the Wu family. When that day comes, he would make Wu Xingxie's life a living hell!

***
Over the next few weeks, Wu Xingxie regularly visited Madam Gu to carry out their plans.

With her connections, Madam managed to gather all the subordinates that were loyal to her husband. Though they had retired after his passing, they were always waiting for a chance when the killer was finally revealed so they could kill them for their former master.

"I've done what you've told me. These people are willing to help you with anything that you need." Madam Wu spoke as she rubbed her stomach that was a bit bigger than the day she found out she was pregnant.

She was over thrilled to know she had finally conceived but it was a shame her child's father was no longer with them.

Wu Xingxies scanned the group of over 40 people. They were people of all ages and both genders. The diversity of the group really amazed Wu Xingxie. Though they looked like ordinary citizens, once Wu Xingxie released a low percent of her aura, none of them faltered.

Even the youngest person who was only 6 years old stood with his head high up and a serious face. The young boy was already able to cultivate and reminded Wu Xingxie of herself.

"Who is this youngster?" Wu Xingxie asked as she pointed to the boy.

"Sizheng. He's a mute and was abandoned but the Master took him in. He's very capable and mature." Madam Gu explained the background of the boy.

The group of people had been silent the whole time and not once had they questioned why they were here.

"Everyone, the reason I have called you together is so that we can avenge the late Master's death." Madam Gu declared and turned to Wu Xingxie to let her begin.

"Each one of you, no matter your status or background I don't care. What I need are people who are willing to avenge their benefactor and give their all!" Just from her words, the people's eyes looked at each other. Who was this masked person and why did the Madam trust her so much?

*****
Exams are coming up. 😭😭😭

Thank you for 240K and 600+ follows you guys are my motivation!