78 The Scroll (5)

"Wu Eldest Miss, I'm no longer who you claim I am." Wan Yu stated with disappointment.

"Doctor, you're a revered man who has saved countless lives, how can you say that?"
Wu Xingxie told him as she believed he was degrading his own self.

"I may have saved countless lives, but....." He paused, confusing the young girl.

"What you know about me is only the good in me. If you know what things I've done, you wouldn't call me doctor." He lamented, with his hands fisted.

"Doctor, everyone has a dark side. Do I have a reason to hold your past against you? Besides, I believe that you regret whatever you've done."
Wu Xingxie expressed, wanting to ask him what she really wanted but it wasn't the time.

"Wu Eldest Miss, you come from a noble family, live a lavish life, what are you lacking?"
He asked her because in his eyes, she was no different from those from wealthy families.

"Doctor, I'm sure you know what happens behind closed doors is different from the outside. Yes, I'm a child of a rich clan, but does that mean I'm happy? Fame and wealth do not interest me." Wu Xingxie replied in a respectful tone as she didn't want to offend him.

Wan Yu heard her response and let out a faint smile.

"Ling'er was right, you're very interesting."

Wu Xingxie tilted her head as she didn't quite catch what he said.

"Since you seem fine now, I'll have someone escort you back." Wan Yu stated as he got up to leave.

"Wait." Wu Xingxie finally met him, how could she just let him leave?

"I want to be your apprentice. Please think about it." Wu Xingxie revealed her intentions. She believed if he taught her, she would be able to improve her medical skills even more. No one else would do. It had to be him.

Wan Yu stopped and glanced at the young girl. While other girls were busy trying to get a nice husband, or have children, she wanted to be his apprentice?

"I will think about it after this incident has passed." He didn't say yes or no because he still had to observe if she was true in wanting to learn medicine. The only reason he came to treat her was because his nephew had the initiative to ask.

Hearing Wan Yu's response, Wu Xingxie almost felt like she was in a dream.

"Yuyan, pinch me." She told the girl who was also happy for her but when asked to pinch her, she frowned.

"Eldest Miss, this is real. Doctor Wan Yu said he'll think about it." She repeated his words so that Wu Xingxie would stop acting so childish.

"I'm so overjoyed. If I can be his disciple, I would have fulfill what I couldn't before."
Wu Xingxie couldn't stop smiling after meeting him. She grabbed Yuyan's hand and looked the girl in her eyes, unaware that Yuyan's heart was beating faster.

"Don't worry, it's alright if he says no. Once the Wu clan is ruined, we'll leave the capital with Xuan'er and Mother Xi. I don't want to be in that estate at all.

Yuyan, do you know, I really didn't want to hurt them. However, they hurt us first. We can't be softhearted." Wu Xingxie shook her head, telling her something Yuyan couldn't fathom.

"Eldest Miss, calm down. I can't understand."
Yuyan was worried she was too excited so she was spouting nonsense.

"Listen," Wu Xingxie tightened her grip and her eyes turned cold yet serious. Yuyan froze as she nodded.

"If I told you I'm not the 16 year old Wu Xingxie but the Wu Xingxie five years from now, would you believe me?"

Yuyan found herself unable to speak because her question made no sense.

But, Eldest Miss has been acting differently. She even asked what year it was that day. Is it possible?

"D-Did you transmigrate?" Yuyan knew anything was possible but transmigrating? It was was hard to believe.

"Not exactly. My soul time traveled back into this body. I didn't tell you at first because I didn't want to-" Before Wu Xingxie could finish, an arrow flew behind Yuyan. She reacted quickly, pushing the girl away and dodging herself.

Yuyan was even more shock as she stared at the arrow attached on the wall.

"Eldest Miss, are you alright? If it weren't for you, I would have died. I don't care if you're 16 or 21, all I know is you're you!" Yuyan exclaimed. She was already at a point where she would do anything for her, why would it matter if she wasn't the same?

"Assassins..." Wu Xingxie heard footsteps from outside, becoming alert.

She pulled Yuyan by her side, looking around.
With her Qi, she scanned the surroundings rapidly.

"There are four of them." Wu Xingxie felt a sense of deja vu. She was nearly killed by assassins five years from now, and now there were assassins once again after her. She didn't know who would send them nor was she interested in what their motives were.

There was one thing for sure.
She wasn't dying!

"Wait here, don't leave the room until I tell you." She whispered to Yuyan who trembled in fear. The thought of Wu Xingxie possibly dying scared her more than her own death.

"Eldest Miss, don't leave me." She cried but Wu  Xingxie placed a scroll on her hands. Yuyan sniffed and looked down at the scroll.

"Keep this for me." Wu Xingxie said with a bittersweet smile before running towards the door. She kicked it open, knocking two of the assassins who were outside.

The other two charged at her, swords ready to slice her up.

Of course, Wu Xingxie teleported away, so they ended up slicing nothing but air.

The other two struggled to get up and without warning, Wu Xingxie formed her sword, lunging towards all four of them. Her eyes filled with killing intent, hate and resentment.