Grand General Jun Han (1-2)

A/N: It's been ages I know, but how's everyone doing during quarantine? I know I haven't updated but trust me I didn't forget about this book. Thank you for the continued support even though I've been slacking. It's hard because I have the plot all planned out, but it's so hard to put everything into work. Regardless I'm going to do my best to finish this book!

Recap: After being abducted by Black Immortal, Wu Xingxie finds herself unable to use magic. With no way to escape, an unexpected person comes to her rescue.

*****
1
"At last I've found you....." A white haired male breathed heavily after having running for so long. Before him stood a middle aged man who looked to be about in his fifties when in fact, he was nearly seventy.

"Young man, I don't know why you're looking for me but I'm just an old man trying to make a living." The old man told the younger man.

If he were anyone else, Hu Jiayi would have believed the old man's words.

However that was not the case.

To show his respects, Hu Jiayi got on one knee and brought his hands together, then bowed.

"What an honor it is to meet you, Grand General Jun Han!"

The old man showed no reaction. He only sighed and turned around to continue with his work but the younger man spoke again.

"Various people have been searching for you but failed. Grand General, I'm sure you're aware of the state the empire is heading towards? You served under the late emperor so you should know how much it means to him."
Hu Jiayi did his research before meeting the man.

Back in the days, Jun Han and the late emperor were the best of friends. One could say they had a closer relationship than with family. Therefore, Hu Jiayi used the late emperor to get a reaction out of the old man.

As he predicted, the old man turned his head and said,
"Come inside."

Hu Jiayi followed him inside and saw his store. The old man changed his name and now worked as a blacksmith in a province not far from the capital.

"Have a seat." The old man offered, pointing towards the chair near a table.

Hu Jiayi sat down and looked at the old man who looked younger than he actually was.

"You are right. I was the Grand General Jun Han. However, those days have passed. I am now an ordinary blacksmith. What can I possibly help you with, master of the Hu clan?"

It turns out, Jun Han knew his identity as well.

Hu Jiayi laughed at the man's words.
"Grand General Jun, you're not very good at lying. An ordinary blacksmith? As if I can believe those words."

Jun Han raised an eyebrow as to what he was implying.

"You were the best swordsman during your time and held great martial art skills. Even now, I'm confident that if we fought, I wouldn't stand a chance against you."

"Not to mention...." Hu Jiayi paused.

Jun Han waited for him to finish but as he looked at the younger male, he realized his secret was already out.

"So you came well prepared." Jun Han sighed.

"If Prime Minister Gu is the citizen's favorite during this time, then Grand General Jun was the citizen's favorite during the reign of the last emperor." Hu Jiayi compared the two men. It was true, they were more liked than the current emperor.

While Grand General Jun had helped expand the empire through military means, Prime Minister Gu did it trough diplomatic relations.

"I've done some information gathering and discovered that the Northern Empire have been mobilizing their forces for an attack on the Buxiu Empire." The white haired male continued, taking out a scroll.