86 Wu Xingxie's Marriage (4)

Madam Gu's given name was Bao Tianyu, but not many were aware of this fact other than her husband and family. She was the aunt of Bao Ling's father, making her his great aunt.

When she met her husband Gu Xiayung, she didn't tell him her family name as she feared he would think badly of her. So, she only told him her personal name. Eventually, he felt in love with her regardless and after she told him the truth, he didn't get mad at her. After all, it was her right to protect her privacy. He didn't care about her background or looks, he loved her personality traits which were similar to his own.

Madam Gu's lips formed a line as she thought about the man's question. She disliked the Long clan for failing to solve her husband's death. Due to the bitterness in her heart, she should have answered yes to the question at hand but shook her head.

"The five clans made a vow that we would never sit on the throne. The Longs were chosen because they were deemed more suitable for the role. We shouldn't interfere with their business. If the heavens want them to fall, then it will happen."

No matter how deep her hatred for them was, she didn't want to overthrow the emperor or anyone. She simply wanted to reveal Wu Dingxiang and his men for the scums they were and let them bear the consequences.

She was not one bit concerned about Minister Xiao's execution because even though he wasn't behind the drugging, his other crimes alone were already punishable by death.

Not only that, he just happened to be Wu Dingxiang's ally and was unfortunately chosen by Wu Xingxie to be used as the scapegoat.

***
After leaving Madam Gu's place, Wu Xingxie prepared to head back only to be bumped into by someone whom she currently didn't want to see.

"Miss Wu? My apologies." The young general said while she bowed as courtesy.

"Don't worry about it. I wasn't watching either." Wu Xingxie realized he must be visiting the estate to catch up with Madam Gu.

She wished he hadn't come at such a time. What if Madam Gu talks to him about marriage?

Wu Xingxie resumed walking for about thirty steps when she paused and thought to herself.

Now that I think about it, he is a general.
He has to report to the emperor so he will be in the palace many times. If I marry him, I can enter the palace with him and meet Doctor Wan Yu.

Seeing how her parents acted towards one another, Wu Xingxie didn't really care about marriage. Arranged marriages were for power, wealth, fame, and status so it never interested her. It was merely a facade put up for the public when in reality, dark secrets were kept hidden.

The female clenched her fists before walking off, unable to decide.

Maybe she was hesitant due to her lack of experience with romantic feelings, but if the marriage has benefits, she would not decline.

Deep in her thoughts, Wu Xingxie managed to feel another presence behind her. She was taking a rather isolated passage so not many people would be around. Due to the incident with the masked man, her guard was up and she teleported a few meters away, now facing the figure.

Her lips frowned seeing as it was only Wei.

"What are you doing?" She questioned the man. Wei purely smiled at her obvious question.