27 Identity (3)

"Actually, unparalleled still doesn't describe your looks. Tell me, Xing'er, how are you so beautiful?" Xi Zhuhong grabbed her hands, rubbing the back of her palms.

"You're more beautiful and mature than me, how can you ask this?" Wu Xingxie chuckled, pulling her hands away.

"By the way, your First Uncle returned. He's the temporary head of the house. I heard he ticked off Madam Wu this morning so she went on a rampage once again." Xi Zhuhong laughed as she said these words.

"Really? That's so typical of her." Wu Xingxie knew how her mother was when things didn't go her way.

"I am ashamed to say that woman is my mother. When will she ever grow up?"

Wei, who was listening to their conversation could not help but wonder, the two ladies chatting seem more like mother and daughter from an outsider like him.

"Mother Xi, can you make me your special dessert? I am so hungry." Xuan pleaded. When he was ill, he couldn't eat sweets or food that were too flavorful. Now that his health was restored, Xi Zhuhong made him sweets from her secret recipes. She had never had the chance to cook for her unborn child so cooking for him was a blessing.

"At this rate, Seventh Young Master will turn into a pig." Wei commented, which made the boy pout.

"Wei gege is so rude!"

"Pig or not, this jiejie will always love you." Wu Xingxie slightly pinched his cheeks.

The young boy couldn't help but feel that he was being made fun off.

"Mother Xi, Wei gege and jiejie are so mean!" He hugged the woman's waist, causing her to look down at his face.

"Now, don't listen those two. Mother Xi will make you all the desserts you want." She soothed him.

"Eldest Miss, what will you do when the Master returns?" Yuyan whispered in her ear.

Wu Xingxie whispered back, covering her mouth with a hand.

Wei arched an eyebrow as he tried to make out what they were whispering about.

He saw Yuyan nodding and after that, the girl left the field.

"Since training is finished, would you like to play a game of Xiangxi*?" Wu Xingxie asked the older male.

Wei was her personal bodyguard so as of right now, she wasn't in danger so he really had nothing to do. Although he didn't like playing board games, the Eldest Miss asked him politely so how could he refuse?

"Alright then."

Wu Xingxie lead him to a different room where there was a table and a few chairs around it. On the table was an already set up Xiangqi board with the pieces all organized.

Wu Xingxie took a seat and gestured her delicate hand to the seat across for him to sit.

"I'm not really good at Xiangqi." Wei confessed as he sat down, moving his sword so that it wasn't in his way.

"It's alright." Wu Xingxie smiled under her veil but inside, she had other intentions for asking him to play Xiangqi with her.

Guard Wei, let's if you're a friend or a foe.

Wu Xingxie still didn't trust anyone who worked in the Wu manor other than her brother, Yuyan, and Xi Zhuhong. Those three people, she failed to protect in her old life so this time, she had to take precautions against anyone.

***
A man stood by a river, his robe flowing along the direction of the wind. His long white hair was hanging down, and seemed to stay still. You see, the man hated how the wind messed up his luscious hair so he used magic to make it still. This way, it was flawless no matter what.

In his hands was a golden flute, which was radiant as he played a melancholy song.

The sound of his flute was so beautiful, it attracted the fish and birds, as well as the animals from the forest behind.

The man's eyes were closed, as he continued to play the melody which would send any person to tears.

Once the tune ended, the man slowly opened his eyes, not at all surprised to see the animals that had gathered around him.
For him, such a thing was normal and he opened his mouth to speak to no one.

"Did you like my song?" He asked and glanced down at his reflection on the water.
The man conjured a spell on his hands and threw it at the water. Soon, the image of him became something else.

In it, showed the face of a young girl. However, the man knew the girl was not who she seemed to be. In fact, he knew what her intentions were. As the image changed to what she was currently up to, the white haired male narrowed his eyes.

The girl seemed to be playing Xiangqi with a male who seemed too familiar to him.

"What are you up to now?"

The man knew the identity of the male sitting across from Wu Xingxie.

"Why are you acting as a guard in her home?" The man asked although he knew the man wouldn't be able to hear or answer him.

He was a bit jealous that the man could be near her, and that he couldn't even show himself to her with his current state.

"One day, I'll be able to see you in person."
The man lightened up as he knew in the future, he would be able to finally meet her.

*****
Another ML, who do guys think he is?
Isn't he basically stalking her like the other ML though?

Xiangqi*- Chinese chess