57 A Chance Encounter (1)

Wu Xingxie had no intentions to talk to anyone and wanted to return to her chambers but Cai Mingxia came up to her first. Even though she didn't meet her cousins, she knew exactly how they bullied her brother when they were younger.

They claimed he was worthless and had no use in the family despite being a legitimate child.
Out of the things they said, Cai Mingxiu was the one who degraded Wu Xuan the most.

For that reason, Wu Xingxie brought up her mother to remind her that she was not worthy to be called Meimei.

Not only that, when Wu Xingxie was close to her, she had sliced Cai Mingxia's skirt.

She purposely pointed out Cai Mingxia's clothes because it would show how despite being from a wealthy family, Cai Mingxia decided to wear ripped clothes.

This was an embarrassment to her father, Wu Dan. Everyone knows Wu Dan has always been jealous of Master Wu's position as the head so he tried to raise his children to be better than those from the main branch.

Still, compared to Wu Xingxie and Wu Yunxia, his children lacked in various ways. They only knew how to live off the Wu name to improve their status.

Seeing more people berate Cai Mingxia, Wu Xingxie sneaked away unnoticed and returned to her chambers.

Serves that wench right.

***

Having embarrassed the cousin, Wu Xingxie' s mood improved greatly.

She couldn't stop smiling even when she got back to her room.

"Eldest Miss, are you smiling?" Yuyan noticed her eyes were lit up so she wondered if something good happened.

"The elders are rebuking Cai Mingxia for wearing ripped clothes. She's brought disgrace to her side of the family. How can I not be smiling?" Wu Xingxie curled her lips into a contemptuous smile.

"Yuyan." She gestured for the girl to come closer, and whispered her plans for the future.

"I understand. I will get it done right away." Yuyan nodded and left the room to do what she was told.

Wu Xingxie looked around her room and saw the scrolls on her study table. They were the usual ones from Master Wu so she quickly opened them one by one to see what he wanted her to learn.

Only, one was different from the others. It wasn't her lessons but a secret command for her. Whenever he wanted her to do something secretly for him, he sent her a scroll with a unique seal.

Wu Xingxie unrolled the scroll and read its content.

"The right prime minister wants to obstruct my promotion as the left prime minister. Find out all the dirt on him. I trust that you won't fail."

Wu Xingxie recalled receiving the same scroll in her future. That day, it was exactly one year after her brother had passed away. No one could understand the pain she felt during those times.

When people lose someone important to them, they go through an emotional breakdown. At first, they refuse to accept the reality but soon realize it's true. Second, they try to accept that their important person is gone and move on in life. As for Wu Xingxie, she distanced herself from other people.

Even though she kept on a kind attitude to those around her, deep down she was breaking.

Slowly over time, her sadness turned to indignation. Why did her brother have to die when he did nothing wrong?

The negative feelings gathered up and when she read the scroll, she saw it as a way to release her rancor.

When bad things happen to us, we want to see the same thing happen to other people. No one wants misfortune but the world is unfair.

Consequently, Wu Xingxie followed the orders she was given.

This time however, she knew better. The man whom she called father only saw her as a disposable tool so she viewed him lowly as well.

Wu Xingxie put the scrolls away and left without telling Wei who was with the two younger boys in the field.

Outside, Wei was concerned about Wu Xingxie so he told the kids not to leave the field as he had to go follow her.