Prologue

(Unedited)

The wolf kingdom was once a big empire one of the grandest of the kingdoms. They had their troubles as a kingdom but it was nothing they couldn't deal with.

When their future Queen, who was known as the True Queen, met her mate on a full moon, she was happy that the Moon Goddess had given her this joy.

Her happiness was short-lived when she finds out that he was rogue, with her heart dedicated to her mate, she runs away with her mate. When her father finds out, he was furious at the news. On his death bed with no more children to his name and the thrown, he appoints his Beta as the next King.

When the young Queen finds out she had many mixed emotions one was anger that her father would do this, the other betrayal that her best friend became the next King knowing how bad she wanted to rule the kingdom.

She gathered all of the rouges and does what any queen does she rules them. It's wasn't easy not everyone was happy to have a rejected queen want to play the role of their queen. With her mate and goddess by her side, she made an empire that is as strong as the Wolf Empire. If not stronger.

She was never one to lose. So when she lost her crown she found something that will be better than a crown that is given to her. She found a crown that she had to earn.

With the love of her mate by her side, and her people she was unstoppable.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

When I was a little girl my mother, Amelia, use to always tell me the story of the first rogue queen. The way she was an unstoppable force, that didn't stand back and let a man come and rule her.

She became the Alpha the rogues needed, with her mate by her side, she was dangerous and I think that is what made me love that story.

My name is Winter-Rose, I am the future Queen of Rogues.

In my eyes, I've always been a queen. I never cared nor will I ever care what people think of me. I'm not a puppet that needs its strings to be pulled. I'm human I make mistakes and fix them.

When compared to the stories I've heard of the princess of Wolves I'm a different story. She isn't going to rule one day but I will, she is known to care what people think of her while I stopped caring.

She has probably only trained to protect herself like many past princesses from her kingdom. I've trained to become a Queen, to protect my people and all those I can in the process.

I don't show my emotions when I don't know you but that doesn't mean I'm cold-hearted.

The day that I found out my brother and supposed best friend left Castopia for them, that was the day I built my walls up higher around my heart.

Only a few have been able to break through these walls and I'm grateful to have them in my life.

When I was eight when I joined the Academy and I've been training since then. Now I'm eighteen and was known as the demon princess.

I felt for the academy at the age of nine something no one had ever heard of. Most people that join go at the age of fifteen unless they are royal, they would join at thirteen. According to the commanders, I'm the best to ever come out of the Academy.

In all my years away from home, I've never missed the castle. I've only missed my brother but now I don't have one, he chose to betray my kingdom by becoming Beta to King Wayland. A position that he had here beside me but it's ok I found someone that could do the job better than he could ever.